Minnesota Babies

Things to do

Hi ladies - I have a 13 month old and we're looking for some ideas on places to go and things to do this Summer - mostly on the weekend. We're on a budget, and it's often just me, so if you have any fun ideas for a kiddo this small I'd appreciate it!

Re: Things to do

• The Children's Museum has free admission on the 3rd Sunday of each month.

There are splash pads all over the metro area and they are free- we go to the Cottage Grove one.

Como Zoo is free.

Local parades and festivals

Indoor playgrounds

MN Zoo

Fawn-Doe-Rosa

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • My 13 month old loves Choo Choo Bobs train play area in St Paul. They have a free will donation box if you don't want to buy anything.

Also, some of the libraries have children's play areasthe one in Roseville is great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Como Zoo, wild rumpus book store-they have animals that live there :) chutes and ladders playground (they also have water sprayers when it's hot out). I bought an inexpensive sprinkler attachment for my guy when he was that age and we would just play in the yard and he loved it. Also, I bought some fake colorful plastic fish that came with a little net, I put them in a cooler with a little bit of water and he played with it for hours. Have a great summer!
  • I started a website last year to try to accumulate some places to go.  I've been a little behind of late, but just posted and hope to keep up a bit more.  The address is 

www.growingupminnesota.com 

• Libraries!! Take your little one to storytime. This is incredibly important for early literacy development.

https://hclib.org/birthto6/
  • My 9 month old loves going to the library. Maplewood and Roseville have awesome play areas with lots of appropriate toys for little ones. It's a great place to spend a few hours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"