Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Bjorn Travel Crib -- why??

What is the appeal of this thing? So many people love it and I don't understand why. A couple of friends recommended it to us for a trip we were planning for this weekend, so my DH bought one. Once it arrived in the mail, I looked at it and do not feel comfortable putting my baby in it. The mattress is literally on the floor! So I'll have to bend down and risk hurting my back every time I put LO in it or take her out. She's almost six months old and cannot sit up yet. Plus, she usually falls asleep nursing, so I'll have to somehow get her all the way down there without waking her up. I know it's lightweight and easy to set up, but am I missing something here? Also, any suggestions for alternatives for traveling would be much appreciated!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Bjorn Travel Crib -- why??

• Options
    Can't answer your first question as I haven't used the BB travel crib, but as for suggestions... I suppose it depends on how lightweight/ portable you would like to go. Here's a pop-up cot for instance... (warning - the mattress is literally on the floor Wink )
  • Options
    They have a lower risk of escaping out of this one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Most pack and plays have very low mattresses. Have you seen others before? 

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amiefamief member
    You could look at the Guava Lotus crib... we went with this one b/c it addressed a few of the issues you mentioned. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wish we would've gotent the BB. We saved an(unwisely) d bought a Fischer price pack and pay... Totally SUCKS! It's big, clunky, hard to set up and take down, difficult for travel and worst of all uncomfortable for our son. Forget about trying to get it on a plane and it takes up most trunk space for a road trip. The mattress is horrible. It mostly collects dust and we use it for dire situations only. You have an AMAZING travel crib!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"