Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Bad mom bad sleep habit

Ok I am desperate, I've created a monster!

My LO is 7 months and has nursed to sleep every night. She gets drowsy around 9pm but doesn't actually go to sleep in her crib until 11:30 or so.

I'll usually bathe at 7:30, rock, nurse, and try to lay her down a little after 9. Her eyes pop right open and she starts crying. So, I pick her up, nurse some more, and try again. She will be completely passed out on me, but I set her down and she wakes right up. She will be so tired she is yawning and her eyes are rolling back in her head, but she refuses to sleep in her crib until the 3rd or 4th try laying her down.

This wouldnt be so bad if she would sleep at 9, but she only sleeps 11:30 to 5:30am.

I've let her cry a little but she becomes FURIOUS and pushes her self on her back till she is wedged in a corner, where she continues to arch backwards even more furious that she can't scoot backwards more.

I need help! Any ideas? What has worked for you?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bad mom bad sleep habit

• Try putting her to bed earlier. Sounds like she is over tired. DS is asleep in his crib at 7 or 7:30pm and he sleeps until 6am.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I agree with PP usually DD is in her crib sleeping my 7/7:30 pm and some nights she goes to bed around 6:30/7. And she'll sleep until 6/6:30 am. Try putting your LO down earlier and see If that helps! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Your child sounds like mine (minus a few weeks)! Sorry, no advice, however I can comiserate.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would also recommend starting bedtime earlier.

• Move nursing to earlier in your bedtime routine and create a routine that involves 2 or 3 little rituals. Also do it earlier as pps said.
  • put baby to sleep earlier and make routine so that nursing is not the last step in your sleep routine.  It is encouraged to break this habit of nursing to sleep, not because it is bad but because if your baby wakes during the night she will need the breast to sleep as she has not learned a way to do it on her own.  Check out the sleep solution.  do your routine, put her down awake and then sit by her crib.  you can talk to her and touch but do not pick up.  she will get angry and the first night will likely be worst.  Move chair further away every 3 nights

• I agree move nursing earlier we do bath diaper then nurse then jammies and crib... Be prepared for her to cry and decide on your method to deal with it be Ferber, sleep shuffle, sleep easy, etc
  • i have no solution but wanted to say you're not alone. my 9 month old still needs a bottle to pass out most nights. :-( its such a hard habit to break and i'm swearing to myself that I won't do it with baby #2 down the road! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"