Pregnant after 35
Options

Prenatal genetic blood test results? wait period?

How long did you wait for your Verifi/Harmony/Maternity21 results? I know they say 10 days but did yours take that long? We are electing to find out the gender and sexual aneuploidies if that matters. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 

Re: Prenatal genetic blood test results? wait period?

• Options
    care99care99 member
    Mine has taken almost 3 weeks, but I think the norm is 10 business days.  FedEx lost my bloodwork, so had to do a redraw, and then they couldn't find enough fetal DNA so are having to test the other vial.  I am still waiting to see if they could use that sample.  It is SO frustrating!
  • Options
    I had mine done on 6/17 and got the results yesterday, so 7 business days.  But my results went to our genetic counselor and she called me with them, so that could be why we got them a little faster.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My blood was drawn last Monday - they said it would take 2 weeks.  It's now been 1 week and 3 days.  I'm hoping to get the results this week!  It's a long wait
    Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Options
    My Mat21 blood draw was done on 6/12 and I got my results yesterday. So I guess that's 9 business days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eight days, only to find out there wasn't enough fetal DNA in the sample so they had to take it again!  We waited another 8-10 days the second time and the test came back with "within normal range" results.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses :) For those who did not have enough fetal blood for results, when did you draw ( right at 10 weeks or further along?) Thanks. GL to all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 
  • Options
    care99care99 member

imageThai527:
    Thank you for the responses :) For those who did not have enough fetal blood for results, when did you draw ( right at 10 weeks or further along?) Thanks. GL to all!

I was 14 weeks. 

• Options

I did Harmony and it was exactly 2 weeks, so I guess 10 business days?

We did our draw at 11 weeks and we didn't have an issue with not enough fetal DNA. They advised against having it done at 10 weeks for that reason.  

Good luck! 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options

imageThai527:

My first blood draw was at 12 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad I saw this post. I just had my blood drawn Tuesday. I wasn't informed of how long it would take, now I have some idea. Thanks!  this wai really does take a toll on the mind.
  • Options
    I had my Harmony test drawn on 6/24 and got the results today, 7/5. I was expecting it would take longer because of the holiday so I was really surprised when I received the call from the genetic counselor today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"