One & Done: Only child

Birth control issue...I could slap myself

Okay, so I'm OAD. I'm not married, but I have a boyfriend. He doesn't want kids of his own.

We do the pill and the pull out method together. However when I grabbed my purse before work today I thought my birth control was in my purse but it wasn't, which means it fell out of my purse in my house some where (it was there last night when I was digging out lipgloss). So tonight I won't be able to take my pill on time. It will be 6 hours later...I'm freaking out because we had sex last night. Am I being stupid for freaking out? Ugh! 

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

PCOS -Fibroids -Type 1 Diabetes

Re: Birth control issue...I could slap myself

• Not being stupid. If you are concerned, go to the pharmacy and get Plan B. It will help ease your mind.

Have you thought about using something different than the pill so you don't have to worry about it?  

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • imagearbutusbride:

Not being stupid. If you are concerned, go to the pharmacy and get Plan B. It will help ease your mind.

Have you thought about using something different than the pill so you don't have to worry about it?  

I hate taking the pill. But the one I'm on is working well for me because I can lose weight with it and it's helping with my cystic acne, so I need to stay on it for now. I plan on getting a hysterectomy, but I have to wait for insurance to kick in since I've only been with my employer for a month and a half. I may go get Plan B after I get off work, but I'm so upset that I didn't double check. I normally double check... 

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• Loading the player...
  • Is this the "mini," i.e. progesterone only, pill or the regular combo pill? If it's the latter, it has a higher margin of error, so to speak, so you're not going to ovulate in a span of six hours.

I won't say it's impossible but a pregnancy would be unlikely from one late pill.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am terrible about remembering to take mine.  I switched to taking it at bedtime and it improved my compliance.  The only time I panic is when I forget for 2 days in a row and even with that happening on an infrequent basis there have never been any issues (knock on wood!!)!
  • It's not the mini pill because I don't do well on that. I take Sprintec. Anything brand name tends to make me gain a bunch of weight and causes problems. I took it as soon as I got home. I take mine at 7pm every night. My guy always pulls out..always! Even with condoms, so that was kinda weird, but hey..it's better to be safe than sorry. I just can't wait to get my hysterectomy because then there won't be any worry.  Hopefully I'm good, but I'm gonna take a test in a couple of weeks just to be sure....

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• I wouldn't be too worried. I never took mine at the same time and I did not have any issues.
  • imageMomToNeeners:

It's not the mini pill because I don't do well on that. I take Sprintec. Anything brand name tends to make me gain a bunch of weight and causes problems. I took it as soon as I got home. I take mine at 7pm every night. My guy always pulls out..always! Even with condoms, so that was kinda weird, but hey..it's better to be safe than sorry. I just can't wait to get my hysterectomy because then there won't be any worry.  Hopefully I'm good, but I'm gonna take a test in a couple of weeks just to be sure....

Pulling out doesn't really do anything. There are sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid that can find eggs just as easily as the sperm in the actual ejaculation. 

• If I were you I'd pick up Plan B just for peace of mind... but then again, I got pregnant while taking the pill, so I'm a little leery of it now anyway!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehopefulmom81:
    imageMomToNeeners:

It's not the mini pill because I don't do well on that. I take Sprintec. Anything brand name tends to make me gain a bunch of weight and causes problems. I took it as soon as I got home. I take mine at 7pm every night. My guy always pulls out..always! Even with condoms, so that was kinda weird, but hey..it's better to be safe than sorry. I just can't wait to get my hysterectomy because then there won't be any worry.  Hopefully I'm good, but I'm gonna take a test in a couple of weeks just to be sure....

Pulling out doesn't really do anything. There are sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid that can find eggs just as easily as the sperm in the actual ejaculation. 

I disagree. Having less sperm in the area helps lessen the chances. I know that any time sperm is present there is a possibility of pregnancy. I'm a nurse. But technically the same can be said for all hormonal birth control because none of it is 100%. AF is here so I'm not too worried about it right now.

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• imagejessilynnwilliams:
    If I were you I'd pick up Plan B just for peace of mind... but then again, I got pregnant while taking the pill, so I'm a little leery of it now anyway!

That happened to my friend with all 3 of her kids. 1st one she was on birth control for the first time and got pregnant. 2nd one she was on birth control for endometriosis and was raped being the DD picking friends up from a party. 3rd one, she was on birth control for abnormal bleeding and her DH was told he was as sterile as a cotton ball, but it turns out he had an enlarged prostate that was blocking his tubing...

Now she got a hysterectomy...no more birth control babies for her!

30 - Waiting to TTC#2

• imageMomToNeeners:

imagejessilynnwilliams:
    If I were you I'd pick up Plan B just for peace of mind... but then again, I got pregnant while taking the pill, so I'm a little leery of it now anyway!

That happened to my friend with all 3 of her kids. 1st one she was on birth control for the first time and got pregnant. 2nd one she was on birth control for endometriosis and was raped being the DD picking friends up from a party. 3rd one, she was on birth control for abnormal bleeding and her DH was told he was as sterile as a cotton ball, but it turns out he had an enlarged prostate that was blocking his tubing...

Now she got a hysterectomy...no more birth control babies for her!

Do you really mean hysterectomy for your friend and yourself, or do you mean tubal ligation? I know you're a nurse, so I assume you know the difference. Just surprised to hear about young women having hysterectomies. 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"