North Carolina Babies

Fun things to do for 1 yr old?

DS just turned one and I'm having a hard time keeping him occupied. I guess it doesn't help the weather has been horrible lately. Anyways, he needs constant stimulation and is a little wild. So putting him in the stroller and going for a walk isn't the best for him. Anyone have suggestions? We're going to try Marbles this week.

Re: Fun things to do for 1 yr old?

• Marbles is great for that age! The natural science museum & nature center downtown are both free, not necessarily 100% age appropriate but lots of cool things to look at. Fish tanks, snakes, dinosaurs, etc. I think the science museum has a play room but we've never been in it so not sure of the details. 

Buffalo Rd Aquatic Center in Raleigh has a wading pool, baby slide & splash area. It's indoors so good on dreary days. There are a few other places that have outdoor baby pools - optimist, millbrook pools.

Triangle Town Center has an indoor play area. Barnes & Noble has a duplo & train table. There is also a train in the mall that you can ride for a few $. 

All the libraries in the area have baby storytime with songs & games &  rhymes.We like North Regional. 

When the weather is nicer, Lake Lynn, Shelley Lake, both have nice parks & you can feed geese/ducks.  

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Marbles is awesome.  Have you tried Pullen Park?  Would he like something that is a walk in the stroller, but different, like if you took him to Umstead Park or something?  How about a lake for swimming?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Raleigh Parks and Rec department has a bunch of mommy & me classes for 1 year olds that you can join.  Off the top of my head, music, art, gymnastics, etc. 

https://www.raleighnc.gov/arts/content/PRecParks/Articles/ParksRecreationPublications.html 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"