TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Repost from TTCAL: July 4th Due Date

Just wanted to post something weighing on my heart.Our second baby was due to be born on July 4, 2011. For most of today I didn't really think about it. But tonight watching the fireworks I did. Each year since I always think of her watching the same fireworks as me from Heaven's view. Although we had a second son, Nolan in March 2012, I will always have that missing piece. Every year for those few beautiful quiet minutes of awe, I feel like it is just her and I watching those fireworks. It brings me to tears yet I am so thankful for this connection to her since it is all I have.It is a journey ladies. And it changes who you are forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you all for happy healthy future pregnancies :) Just know you'll always remember, and that is okay. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Repost from TTCAL: July 4th Due Date

• I'm with wicked on this one. This post just rubs me the wrong way. July 4th marks the 3 year anniversary of my first BFP and yet here I am, still with empty arms and an empty ute. But thanks for wishing happy pregnancies on us.

I love you too wicked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageclarks415:

Just wanted to post something weighing on my heart.

Our second baby was due to be born on July 4, 2011. For most of today I didn't really think about it. But tonight watching the fireworks I did. Each year since I always think of her watching the same fireworks as me from Heaven's view. Although we had a second son, Nolan in March 2012, I will always have that missing piece. Every year for those few beautiful quiet minutes of awe, I feel like it is just her and I watching those fireworks. It brings me to tears yet I am so thankful for this connection to her since it is all I have.

It is a journey ladies. And it changes who you are forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you all for happy healthy future pregnancies :) Just know you'll always remember, and that is okay. 

To the bolded:  I will never carry a child, since after losing 6, my doctors have advised me to stop trying. With so many losses, every holiday, every season, every day reminds me in some way of at least one of our losses. I'm lucky enough to be pursuing a family through "non-traditional" means, but not everyone gets that opportunity. There are ladies here who will probably never have the family they've always dreamed of and your post really does nothing but remind them of that. While I am sorry for your loss, I'm with Jenn and Wicked on this.  

On a happy note, it's nice to see you Wicked! I miss you! (and hi Jenn Stick out tongue

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • EKGibsEKGibs member
    imagewickedsugar:

Umm ok Confused..

Since you never posted on 6+, this to me is coming off really condescending.. And just as an FYI, some ladies here may never have that chance for a rainbow...

Love you Ladies. ::Hugs::

This. This post got a side eye from me on the regular board but I chose to let it go. I see what you're going for with this post but this was not the place for it.

I have less than 1% chance of conceiving naturally. My chances are not great even with IVF. So just because you got your rainbow, that doesn't mean all of us will too. Honestly, I think you owe the 6+ ladies an apology.

Hi wicked! I miss you!

TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Oh yay! I love it when people who know nothing about me tell me it's all going to be ok.

I rolled my eyes my eyes at this on the main board but those ladies devour this kind of sh!t like it's air. This is very condescending and pretentious.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • EKGibsEKGibs member

You know what? The more I think about this, the more it really irks me. I though about replying on the main board but like uneek said, the ladies over there are eating this up. (I'm not saying anything bad about those who liked this post but I'm pretty sure that if those ladies have to be here for as long as some of us on the 6+ board, they will feel the same way).

You don't know anything about us here. We know that a loss changes you forever. I thought about my baby last night while we sat around with family celebrating the holiday. It made me so sad that I didn't have an 11 month old to enjoy fireworks with.

I didn't need to come here this morning to see a stranger post about how she got to spend the holiday with her two healthy children. How dare you come to our safe place to give us a pep talk & try to give us false hope about our "future pregnancies". Like wicked said, some of us here will never get to experience that. I'm not going to go into details about the ladies here explaining to you why because, frankly, it's none of your business. We don't know you.

Maybe I'm having a bad day. Or maybe I'm just a "bitter oldie" but you seriously need to apologize & rethink the next time you show up to a loss board, especially one that is tight-knit like this one, and post stuff like this.

TTC since 4/28/07
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• imageuneek1323:
    Oh yay! I love it when people who know nothing about me tell me it's all going to be ok.

I rolled my eyes my eyes at this on the main board but those ladies devour this kind of sh!t like it's air. This is very condescending and pretentious.

Yep. I let it go over there. This is so obnoxious and ridiculous.

OP I hope you realize how many women you hurt with this.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• imageEKGibs:

You know what? The more I think about this, the more it really irks me. I though about replying on the main board but like uneek said, the ladies over there are eating this up. (I'm not saying anything bad about those who liked this post but I'm pretty sure that if those ladies have to be here for as long as some of us on the 6+ board, they will feel the same way).

You don't know anything about us here. We know that a loss changes you forever. I thought about my baby last night while we sat around with family celebrating the holiday. It made me so sad that I didn't have an 11 month old to enjoy fireworks with.

I didn't need to come here this morning to see a stranger post about how she got to spend the holiday with her two healthy children. How dare you come to our safe place to give us a pep talk & try to give us false hope about our "future pregnancies". Like wicked said, some of us here will never get to experience that. I'm not going to go into details about the ladies here explaining to you why because, frankly, it's none of your business. We don't know you.

Maybe I'm having a bad day. Or maybe I'm just a "bitter oldie" but you seriously need to apologize & rethink the next time you show up to a loss board, especially one that is tight-knit like this one, and post stuff like this.

What EK said. Wow. 

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• imageFFwifey:
    Lurking I found this really weird when I read it on TTCAL and felt like this person was really encroaching on our personal space seeing as there is no sign she is TTCAL and I've never heard of her. I was really surprised everyone responded the way they did. I'm actually relieved to see that others felt similarly about this post. Sorry to those it hurt. Mobile hugs

I'm so glad you and your ticker felt the need to give your 2 cents. Thanks a lot for respecting our space. 

• EKGibsEKGibs member
    imageuneek1323:

imageFFwifey:
    Lurking I found this really weird when I read it on TTCAL and felt like this person was really encroaching on our personal space seeing as there is no sign she is TTCAL and I've never heard of her. I was really surprised everyone responded the way they did. I'm actually relieved to see that others felt similarly about this post. Sorry to those it hurt. Mobile hugs

I'm so glad you and your ticker felt the need to give your 2 cents. Thanks a lot for respecting our space. 

She didn't have the ticker when she posted. I'm sure she forgot to come back to add a siggy/ticker warning.

TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Thanks EK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"