Blended Families
Options

Telephone!

I swear everytime I tell someone BM has been being good, something crazy happens.

We leave for Jamaica next week. BM isn't a fan of us taking vacations. Not because she will miss her kid, and I say that because she'll go weeks at a time without seeing her like its no big deal, but because we can take SD on great vaca's and she can't. When SD was 4 we had to go to court so we could take SD to Disney, a place that BM told SD was only for adults. Before we went to Disney, BM bought SD a phone. A 4 year old does not need a phone...

She doesn't need one now that she's 9 either. But BM gave her one of hers. The woman literally has 4 or 5 prepaid cell phones that she told SD are free. The phone kept ringing and ringing with an unknown number yesterday. I finally answered it and it was an obviously drunk and or high man. "Yo, what the eff T! You never call me anymore. What happened?" I asked who it was "Girlllll its D! why dont you call me anymore?!" i told him he had the wrong number and he hung up. He called 4 more times! Made DH tell him to stop calling. I went through the old texts on the phone and its someone she owes money too. I'm guessing she hooked up with him from the way it sounded.

I want to take the phone and throw it at BMs head. Giving a phone to a 9 yr old in hopes it'll make you seem cool, isn't cool. But this, this is just trashy IMO.

Re: Telephone!

• Options
    I would give it back and tell her if there is a specific situation she wants SD to have a phone like vacation you will let SD have it but only if it is new and does not have men cursing at a 9yo.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    imageLittlejen22:
    I would give it back and tell her if there is a specific situation she wants SD to have a phone like vacation you will let SD have it but only if it is new and does not have men cursing at a 9yo.

This exactly. I think I might want my kid to have a prepaid cell just in case, especially since she will be so far away. But JFC, why would she give her an old phone that some crazy drunk guy has the number to?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gross. Also lol at Disney for adults. Your Bm is a character that's for sure
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSimpleJane:
    imageLittlejen22:

This exactly. I think I might want my kid to have a prepaid cell just in case, especially since she will be so far away. But JFC, why would she give her an old phone that some crazy drunk guy has the number to?

I don't think she got her the cell to be able to contact her though. The last few vaca's we went on, she didnt call the few days before, or that day, or the entire vacation! I think she really just thought that giving SD the phone would make her seem cool. Plus I think that she should've discussed giving her a cell with us first. She isn't a huge part of her life at all. She is supposed to get her for a few hours at night once a week and every other sat overnight but she doesn't always show up. She's never met a single one of her teachers or been to a single soccer game.

She has a bunch of prepaids. I really think she gets them for free through those programs they have tv ads for. "250 free minutes a month". She doesn't have a real job because she can't show up anywhere on time. She collects social security, which I still can't believe she got approved for! There's nothing physically wrong with her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"