Pittsburgh Babies

OB/Midwife suggestions

I recently found out I am pregnant after over 2 years of infertility and rounds of IUI/IVF. My husband and I will hopefully hear the heartbeat at our next appointment, at which point my doctor will release us to my regular OB. The problem is I just recently moved back to the Pittsburgh area and don't even have an OB/gynecologist. The nurse at my RE's office said they usually send their patients to Dr. Carey Andrew-Jaja.  He gets rave reviews online, but I'm also interested in seeing the Midwives at Magee. Does anyone have experiences with either practice?

Re: OB/Midwife suggestions

• I have a lot of friends who have used the Midwives at Magee and loved them. I am hoping to use them myself so long as I get cleared to by my OB as twin pregnancies are often labeled "high risk." 

If you are interested in going the midwife route, I was with the Midwife Center of Pittsburgh before we realized it was twins and I LOVED them. I also have a lot of friends who have delivered with them and have nothing but positive things to say. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Dr JaJa is amazing! go with him! The only thing that kind of sucks is that he only works 'business' hours IE M-F 9-5. If you don't deliver during those times than you will be delivered by the on call doctor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • asm07asm07 member
    Thanks!! I did end up deciding to go with Dr. Jaja and had my first appointment with their PA on Tuesday. So far I really love their office. I'm looking forward to meeting with Dr. Jaja in a few weeks. Thanks again for your input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"