Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Allimentum coupons??

My son may have to get on Allimentum formula and was curious the best place to get it. I looked at the store and it is crazy expensive. His Dr said WIC might cover it with a Dr referral but I am not sure yet. We are trying a soy formula for week but it does not seem to be making him feel any better and now he is pooping hard clumps. Any advice? Broke, frustrated mommy right here.

Re: Allimentum coupons??

• No, sorry. At least where I am in Canada, I only found coupons for Alimentum ONCE (in about 3.5 years of formula) and it was from a baby/mama show in my city. Never seen any since. And we tried to get it covered by insurance, but it wasn't.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • It's made by similac, so those coupons should work for it i think. maybe call the coupon program and check with them. but for sure call your insurance company and see if you can get it discounted if it's prescribed or something. also ask the pedi to contact the similac rep for a sample case for you. especially since you don't know for sure if it's what is going to work for your baby.

one more thing, if baby is pooping hard clumps, he is likely constipated from the iron in the formula. have you tried any constipation remedies first? check with your pedi if it's okay first, but mine recommedned half oz of prune juice mixed with half oz of water once a day. it worked like a charm after a couple doses. i did it with ds and now with the twins.

good luck, i know how expensive formula is, especially specialty stuff. i hope you can figure something out.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • Similac coupons will work that's what we use..insurance may cover with dr script if u have I insurance...I get it from Walmart but all the stores are generally the same price
  • Nix55Nix55 member
    imagejaime52005:
    Similac coupons will work that's what we use..insurance may cover with dr script if u have I insurance...I get it from Walmart but all the stores are generally the same price

This.
  • FixieFixie member
    You could also try craigslist for formula...my son is on elecare, and a lot of people sell on CL when they need to switch formula.   We went through the whole formula process too..it sucks! GL.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Check with your insurance. We got a letter of medical necessity from our pediatrician when our son was on it and they covered 70 percent of the cost. It was a huge help!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"