Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Woombie vs. Magic sleep suit

Hello ladies! 

I'm a longtime lurker who is finally wanting to join in!

My DD will only sleep tightly swaddled. I am currently using the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets which I LOVE, but she always fights to get her arms loose. When she does get her arms free (almost every night) the fabric ends up around her face. I am always so paranoid she's going to suffocate even though I know the fabric is breathable.

I was researching online and found awesome reviews on both the woombie and the magic sleep suit. I like both because they allow her to move her arms freely but still feel snug. I have already tried the halo sleep sack and the summer infant wrap. She hated both of them. 

If you ladies have tried them, which do you prefer? Or any good tips to get my little Houdini to stay swaddled? Thanks!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Woombie vs. Magic sleep suit

• We had the same issue with our son!  We had to switch from the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets to Swaddle Me ones, which are pretty much idiot proof (not that you're an idiot, but we were new at this so yeah) and they work out REALLY well.  He's 11 days old and sleeps for 4 hour stretches at night!
  • KLL22KLL22 member
    imagetrudibell:
    We had the same issue with our son! nbsp;We had to switch from the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets to Swaddle Me ones, which are pretty much idiot proof not that you're an idiot, but we were new at this so yeah and they work out REALLY well. nbsp;He's 11 days old and sleeps for 4 hour stretches at night!

I was kind of an idiot too... Not going to lie. ; I completely forgot about the swaddle me's I may have to give those a shot! Thanks for the recommendation!

• Loading the player...
  • We just ordered a woombie for DD and she really likes it. She doesn't like having her hands at her side and prefers them on her chest or by her face so the woombie works well for us. It's really easy to use too as you just zip it up.
  • The woombie is amazing. We have two and she's in it right now.
    She's 5 weeks and sleeps 45 hour stretches at night!
  • We've been using the Woombie since Day 1.  (Well, Day 3)  We love, love, love it and it has been a life saver for us.  Every new mom should have one.  But now I won't put her down in her crib in her Woombie because she is getting ready to roll and I don't want her to end up on her tummy in her Woombie.  I just ordered a Magic Sleep Suit....   we'll see!!  (DD is 3 months)

BabyFetus Ticker

photo bible.gif
  • Not sure how big your DD is, but ours is a total Houdini in the AA blankets. We just can't get them tight enough because there is so much stretch to the fabric. We've had much better luck with cotton flannel receiving blankets like the ones from the hospital...we found some cheap at Ikea that work great. I can't yet use the SwaddleMe, etc. because she's too little, but I am eagerly awaiting that day!
  • KLL22KLL22 member
    Thanks everyone for your input! Looks like I'm going to be trying the woombie and then trying the magic sleep suit when she starts to roll!

• With DD1 the Magic Sleep Suit really was magic for us until she was 8 months old and started to roll in it.  I can't wait for DD2 to be big enough for it.

• Ljd425Ljd425 member
    Weird..I bought DD the woombie and she didn't like it and I didn't either..even though they can get their arms up..I felt bad because it was almost like she thought she was gonna get them out and couldn't.she had them so high up..we use the swaddle me ones and love them.  I really wanted to like the woombie, I think maybe it was too small..I ordered the newborn size and it was TINY and we only used it like once :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The two products you ask about are really very different and not totally comparable.  The Magic Sleep Suit is for 3m (ish) and up.  I used it with my son as a transition between swaddle and no swaddle.  The Woombie is fine as a first swaddler even (it's not really a swaddler but far more like one than the sleep suit). 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• If your kid is breaking out (which my son started doing around 3w) do a modified Miracle blanket without having to buy the silly thing.  Watch this video.  It helped me and I did this with my extremely strong swaddle breaker.  In the video they use a receiving blanket and a Swaddle Me, I used a receiving blanket and an extra large swaddle blanket as my kid was big.  Even nursing and all that jazz my kid couldn't break this swaddle method 'till he was about 4-4 1/2 months old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0x_zAQC5A

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I would try the miracle blanket.  It is the best thing ever!  It is the only thing that would get my DS to sleep, and we are now use it with DD.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"