Babies on the Brain

Seeing the baby

We got to see the baby today but they didn't allow my fianc back there with me. The same when I heard the heart beat. Why won't they let him I back there with me so he can see and hear everything for the first time too? Any know an answer to this?! He's getting upset and so am I

Re: Seeing the baby

• I've never heard of them not allowing the dad in the room. My husband was at all of our appointments and allowed to be in the room for everything. Sorry he's missing it. Have you asked why he isn't allowed?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicIAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would just let the office staff know that it is very important that both of you be in the room together through procedures.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • The first visit was because of pap. An then they did a sonogram with out him in the room. I'm just woundering if anyone is going through the same thing.
  • imagebowman1211:
    The first visit was because of pap. An then they did a sonogram with out him in the room. I'm just woundering if anyone is going through the same thing.

Was the first visit JUST for a pap? Or was it to hear the heartbeat too? MH got to be in all of my appointments, including the one with the pap. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband attends every appointment and no one has ever said anything to me.  My hospital does have a policy that the father can't stay in the room with a mom who is under 18 overnight, but that's the only restriction I've ever heard around here. 
  • MH comes to every visit, pap and internals included.  I've never heard of a policy like this. 
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • It was for both. We are both in our 20's. it's just not the same as if seeing and hearin the baby the first time. The heart beat wasn't as clear when the assistant did it. And the ultrasound the baby was moving constantly and when he came in he wasn't able to see that
  • That doesn't make any sense to me. If it were me, and the doctor wasn't willing to work with me, I would find a new practice. If they have this many "rules" now, can you imagine what it'll be like if you have anything in your birth plan you'd like them to accommodate?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 5555 member

It could be a policy relating to limiting germ exposure. Due to a flu outbreak last winter, my sister's hospital only allowed spouses and immediate blood relatives of the primary patient into the LDR rooms, so paternal family members weren't allowed into the LDR suites. It's a crazy policy because it assumes that by limiting the number of visitors to one side of the family, it will limit germs coming into the hospital, but it only takes one infected visitor to bring the virus into the hospital. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Married since July 2009.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    BFP #1 August 13, 2014
    EDD: April 22, 2015
    It's a boy!
  • imageMelRC117:
    Well the pap I understand because, well there's really nothing to see. Ask them next time for him that you would like him back there and if they still say no ask them why.

My husband has come with me for paps at my obgyn and to have internal ultrasound at the emergency hospital once. There shouldn't be an issue with him being there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"