Los Angeles Babies

Seeing Recommendation for Chinese Medicine Practitioner &/ Acupuncturist

Hi All,

I'm in the early stages of TTC and have now read several books hyping the benefits of (1) herbs designed to help your body prepare to conceive (as well as general stress reduction) and (2) acupuncture.  As I am generally a skeptic and specifically nervous about needles, I'd be much more comfortable going to see a doctor whom other people feel have helped them (in a clean, comfortable environment).  I'd be open to trying either or both and would love to hear from you if you've had a good (or bad!) experience.

Thanks in advance. :) 

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Re: Seeing Recommendation for Chinese Medicine Practitioner &/ Acupuncturist

• I saw an acupuncturist throughout TTC (including IVF) and during my pregnancy.  It is important to find one who specializes in fertility -- they know the points to help with becoming pregnant, maintaining a pregnancy, and also dealing with morning sickness, swelling, etc. during pregnancy.  Also, the acupuncture needles are not a big deal (very thin and tiny). I used Katrina Lake in Pasadena -- she's great.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used the Art of Wellness in Santa Monica and believe that was part of the reason we were successful in conceiving while undergoing IVF. Dr. Cai is a former gynecologist and very attuned to females TTC. I would highly recommend using her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 2JEL2JEL member

Thank you both so much!  after a few days of meticulously checking I stepped away from the computer and was thrilled to come back to recommendations.  I'm on the Westside and will try to report back on the Art of Wellness.

From the number of views, I suspect this info is useful to many women around here.  In that vein, though I have not personally seen her, a good friend of mine recommends carolyn leigh at Oak Tree Healers in West Hollywood for acupuncture and her yelp reviews are spectacular-- I just felt that driving 1 hr from home to west hollywood would eliminate any and all stress reduction benefits of treatment. ;)  

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 

• I loooove my acupuncturist! She is amazing. Her name is Dawna Ara and she is located in Pasadena.
  • My OB recommended Danica Thornberry whose on the westside. It was too far for me, so I found something closer in T.O. I just got my BFP last week with just one month of acupuncture! We've been trying for 1 1/2 yrs with no success. With some minor diet changes, supplements, and weekly acupuncture ..I can't believe it! I'm going to continue acupuncture throughout this pregnancy and probably even afterwards. I love my AP!!
  • 2JEL2JEL member
    Just wanted to check back in and say that I have begun seeing Dr. Cai (3 appointments so far) and while I'm not certain how successful treatment will be long-term, my BBT chart has started looking a bit better. :)

More importantly, for other women looking on the westside, I feel comfortably recommending Dr. Cai.  She is over $100 a session which (I hope) puts her on the pricey end of the spectrum but she manages to be both very professional and warm.  She's also accommodating with my fear of needles and when (for entirely psychosomatic reasons, I'm sure) I was uncomfortable with needles in my neck, she said we never had to do it and she could put them other places on my energy meridians.  She spends a good amount of time talking with me about symptoms and studying my BBT chart.  She also has really early hours and Saturday times, which is nice for those of us with jobs.

Tlucey-- congratulations on your BFP! :)

• If anyone is in the Palisades, Carmen Navarro at AcuSanctuary is amazing. I've been going to her for years and now that I'm prego, I continue to go and she is great!
  • Sounds like you found your solution but for anyone still reading this (in the future, too) I really love Dr. Vaziri in Woodland Hills. I see him for chiropractic and naturopathic medicine, he's wonderful. I've never used him for acupuncture but he's been so amazing with everything else, I can only imagine he's great at that too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker S & J married 05.09.10 -- BFP #1 07.12.12, EDD 03.24.13, MMC 7w4d BFP #2 12.12.12, EDD 08.26.13, MC 12.22.12 MTHFR diagnosis 01.11.13 BFP #3 01.20.13, EDD 09.30.13
  • When I was having trouble TTC I started seeing Dr. Kim at Tao of Medicine on Ocean Park in Santa Monica and have been continuing throughout my pregnancy. He is the best! He really helps you think about your body from a holistic view.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"