February 2014 Moms

You guyssssss!!!!!

Why are there so many randoms out there posting random questions and/or updates when:

A) We have no idea who you are and

B) it's obvious you don't even come back to the shitty thread you started?

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: You guyssssss!!!!!

• Was I supposed to do my own Intro post? My bad.
    ~*~ K ~*~
  • I read everything and post a little daily and I still find it hard to keep up with everyone. Maybe we can create one thread for everyone to post about themselves one more time, it's nice to have a refresher and I totally missed some intros for mommies that are due early Feb. Just a thought.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ouch.

I can also say that I wasn't aware that an introduction was needed in order to join in with questions or advice.

I was under the impression that these boards were a free for all for chatting with other women who are experiencing the same things as I am.

It's unfortunate that some people feel this way, as several responses I have received have really comforted me and made me feel welcome.

Sigh...
  • I am sorry if you are referring to me. I did do an intro post back when I first got my pos back at the end of May and have only posted a handful of times maybe 25 since them.

**Noted if you don't post everyday don't bother posting**

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRbfdac1:
    Ouch. I can also say that I wasn't aware that an introduction was needed in order to join in with questions or advice. I was under the impression that these boards were a free for all for chatting with other women who are experiencing the same things as I am. It's unfortunate that some people feel this way, as several responses I have received have really comforted me and made me feel welcome. Sigh...

It is for chatting with women who experiencing the same things...but don't you want to feel a bit more "connected"?

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageSgrRay929:
    imagecar seat:

imageSgrRay929:

That's the problem! Big Smile 

Do we really want to, though? :P 

Have I told you both how much I PPH you lately?

And Books you too!

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• oh oh oh me me me!! Im new, I introduced myself, and i started trolling threads about things and posting in some!!! So technically, Im doing it the with correct forum guideline! LOL
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageReedsMomma:

I am sorry if you are referring to me. I did do an intro post back when I first got my pos back at the end of May and have only posted a handful of times maybe 25 since them.

Not what I said at all...but if that's what you took from it, OK!

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so confused...isn't this sort of like a support group? maybe i missed it, but i didnt see a list of rules on this site nor in this group....whatever happened to just ignoring things. if something bothers you, just move on. we are all in our stressed pregnancy minds and a little sensitive, as to be expected. 

i dont want anyone telling me how often i need to post or what i should/shouldnt respond to.

this should be fun! 

• imageReedsMomma:

That's not really what they are saying.  It's the people who do a drive by question and then don't come back to participate.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• imagethusain7712:

I'm so confused...isn't this sort of like a support group? maybe i missed it, but i didnt see a list of rules on this site nor in this group....whatever happened to just ignoring things. if something bothers you, just move on. we are all in our stressed pregnancy minds and a little sensitive, as to be expected. 

i dont want anyone telling me how often i need to post or what i should/shouldnt respond to.

this should be fun! 

Again, not at all what I said.

If a complete stranger ran up to you and said "I HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!111!" and then ran off, you'd be like WTF? That's why I'm saying, if you want some real support and some real excitement when good things happen, let us know who the hell you are so we can get happy for/with you.

IDC how much you post.

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagecar seat:

Oh my goodness. Everyone chill out, please! This isn't serous business! We're all laughing here!

You guys, everyone is welcome here! But usually when you meet someone new you introduce yourself, right? You wouldn't just turn to some lady in line at Motherhood and announce something to her. Because that would be crazy. So when you come here, just say, 'hey guys, I'm newmom2b234928! [insert some detail about self] Happy to be here! I have a question. [insert question]'

Then we get to say hi and welcome and congratulate you and help you, and then when you have updates we can be excited for you because we're somewhat familiar with you. Does that make sense?

Like in real life. I'm really happy for my friend who just got engaged. Over the moon! I want to hear every detail of her wedding planning because I care about her. I met one of her friends at a party recently (who I'd never spoken to before) who heard I had a kid and immediately came up and started telling me about her third degree tear during delivery. Now, if this was someone I knew at least a little, okay, I guess, maybe. But this was an out of the blue announcement. I don't know her. Why do I care about her vag?

I don't.

So let us get to know you so we can care about your babies and vaginas. It's all we're asking!

Now let's laugh at how silly this is. 

See, you GET me!

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm a little confused. If intros are so important to you how come you don't reply to them like some of the other ladies do?
    ~*~ K ~*~
  • imageKtmedina:
    I'm a little confused. If intros are so important to you how come you don't reply to them like some of the other ladies do?

I do.

ETA: actually, I replied to yours JUST before I saw this shitty post. Sorry 20 mins was too long of a response time for you.

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Insert foot in mouth.
    ~*~ K ~*~
  • Meh - some boards are weirdly uptight about intro posts and a lot of people are just new to forums in general and don't 'know' the etiquette.

I don't really get too hung up on a formal intro post, but it is really annoying when someone posts something and then disappears. I get you can't just sit at your computer all day, but maybe check back in at some point. And FFS if you only stop by 1x a week and ask a question but never reply to others that is waaay worse than never making a intro post.

It's still relatively early, so I don't feel like we all know each other that well yet anyway. Some people are just getting BFPs and joining up and some have been here for weeks.

imageimage
  • ras26ras26 member
    If I ran the internet, on "new" boards like this that are very much still in the formative phase, I would suggest intros are best.  I fully admit I'm not going to go back to May when the beginning of the month-ers were introing, but I agree that it's nice to do.  We'll have more people trickling in, so it's a nice gesture.  Who doesn't think the swoop-in-make-drama-exit-suddenly posts don't add at least a little excitement though?  :-)  Am I the only one who finds it weird to do intros in the broader groups like Parenting or Toddlers?  The pool of people in those catagories is so big, that I find it annoying when people expect everyone else with a 12-24 month old kid to be excited that their kid turned 1.  Maybe it's just me.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Gah! Who cares??

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • imageTwilightMV:
    Gah! Who cares??

A lot of us.

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes

Me: 31 * DH: 33 * TTC since Sept 2012
    Hx of Pulmonary Embolisms, Right Sided Heart Failure and Nephrotic Syndrome 2001
    Dx w/ Hashimotos 1998 * Dx w/ Systemic Lupus 2005 * Dx w/ PCOS 2012
    Began working with RE Dec 2012February 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel  BFP # 1: 2/26/13 * EDD 11/9/13 * MMC at 7w5d -- 3/27/13 * D&C 3/28/13May 2013: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + PIO + Lovenox  BFP # 2: 6/6/13 * EDD 2/18/14 * MMC at 11w1d -- 7/31/13 * D&C 8/1/13RPL Testing & Karotyping was normal for both of usEmbryo testing was inconclusiveBenched July 2013- January 2014 due to Lupus FlareWTF appt 2/12/14IVF is OUT and Clomid + Ovidrel + Endometrium is in... AGAINBFP # 3: 2/28/14 * EDD: 11/12/14 * CP 3/1/14TTC on our own until April 2014*A persons a person no matter how small*
    My Ovulation Chart
    imageimage
    *All PgAL/PAL Welcome*

• imagecar seat:

imageKtmedina:
    I'm a little confused. If intros are so important to you how come you don't reply to them like some of the other ladies do?

I've replied to lots of intros. Not all of them because there are a ton (ain't nobody got time for that), but then at least it's there and I can pop back through someone's history to get their back story. You know, if they stick around and post. 

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I've been around and posted pretty much every day but I don't know if anyone actually knows I've been around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • imagecar seat:

Oh my goodness. Everyone chill out, please! This isn't serous business! We're all laughing here!

You guys, everyone is welcome here! But usually when you meet someone new you introduce yourself, right? You wouldn't just turn to some lady in line at Motherhood and announce something to her. Because that would be crazy. So when you come here, just say, 'hey guys, I'm newmom2b234928! [insert some detail about self] Happy to be here! I have a question. [insert question]'

Then we get to say hi and welcome and congratulate you and help you, and then when you have updates we can be excited for you because we're somewhat familiar with you. Does that make sense?

Like in real life. I'm really happy for my friend who just got engaged. Over the moon! I want to hear every detail of her wedding planning because I care about her. I met one of her friends at a party recently (who I'd never spoken to before) who heard I had a kid and immediately came up and started telling me about her third degree tear during delivery. Now, if this was someone I knew at least a little, okay, I guess, maybe. But this was an out of the blue announcement. I don't know her. Why do I care about her vag?

I don't.

So let us get to know you so we can care about your babies and vaginas. It's all we're asking!

Now let's laugh at how silly this is. 

Well said, and thanks for typing this all out to explain it to people who are new or just haven't lurked.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageiwubrory:
    I've been around and posted pretty much every day but I don't know if anyone actually knows I've been around.

I am the same I am on here all day everyday I don't work.

imageimage

Started TTC July 24, 2012
    BFP #1 June 15, 2013 ended in MMC July 21, 2013
    BFP #2 October 13, 2013 ended in natural miscarriage November 1, 2013
    ALL WELCOME
  • Did I intro back in June? I figure if I don't remember then nobody else does either. I see where you're coming from that it's a way to get to know someone, but do you really remember anything they write? I usually ignore the intros and figure ill get to know them if they become regulars. Right now there are way too many people for me to "know." I basically remember a handful of posters and it always helps when there is a pic in the siggy (although I get a couple of the bride pics mixed up).  Now I just feel rude that I don't are about intros and can't remember posters!

Anniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The intro posts don't get many page views and almost no one responds to them so I doubt that most people on this board see them as necessary or go scrolling back to get a back story on someone once they post a question.

If I were brand new, I would see the lack of interest in the intro posts, skip it and just jump right in. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg!!! I can post from the app in my phone!!!!! I'm gonna be in trouble now. Lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJordyInIndy:
    imagethusain7712:

I'm so confused...isn't this sort of like a support group? maybe i missed it, but i didnt see a list of rules on this site nor in this group....whatever happened to just ignoring things. if something bothers you, just move on. we are all in our stressed pregnancy minds and a little sensitive, as to be expected. 

this should be fun! 

If a complete stranger ran up to you and said "I HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!111!" and then ran off, you'd be like WTF? That's why I'm saying, if you want some real support and some real excitement when good things happen, let us know who the hell you are so we can get happy for/with you.

IDC how much you post.

Figured you might be talking about me. I don't have a lot of time to post, but I have been posting. I didn't intro because I was one of the first people on here. And I've always thought that intros were stupid anyway.

TTC: 8/11    BFP: 5/13   EDD:2/2/14   Born 1/13/14

• imageBioGirl21:
    imageJordyInIndy:
    imagethusain7712:

this should be fun! 

IDC how much you post.

Figured you might be talking about me. I don't have a lot of time to post, but I have been posting. I didn't intro because I was one of the first people on here. And I've always thought that intros were stupid anyway.

Nope, I wasn't.

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Does this mean I can tell you all about my vag? Because I LOVE talking about my vag,

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagecar seat:

imageziggy903:
    Does this mean I can tell you all about my vag? Because I LOVE talking about my vag,

I need to tell you how much I enjoy you. Big Smile

(It's lots.) 

Aw thanks Big Smile

I rather enjoy you as well.  Lets be BFF.

• kb3llkb3ll member
    I thought I read it on here, but I can't find it to quote it--I did like the suggestion of one giant thread with introductions on it. I know I did my intro way back in May and many new people have joined since then and probably have no idea who I am (as I don't post as often as others do). However, I am also new to forms...so I wasn't aware I'm supposed to replay to the majority of my posts after I post them...I felt it was an open area to throw out a question or thought and read other people's thoughts and opinions on it--now that I know different ill be more active within my own posts. Regardless, I really think one giant intro thread might be good for everyone to re-introduce themselves to the board and introduce themselves to people who may have missed them or have not had the chance to do so. Thoughts?
    pregnancy calendar
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagekb3ll:
    I thought I read it on here, but I can't find it to quote it--I did like the suggestion of one giant thread with introductions on it. I know I did my intro way back in May and many new people have joined since then and probably have no idea who I am (as I don't post as often as others do). However, I am also new to forms...so I wasn't aware I'm supposed to replay to the majority of my posts after I post them...I felt it was an open area to throw out a question or thought and read other people's thoughts and opinions on it--now that I know different ill be more active within my own posts. Regardless, I really think one giant intro thread might be good for everyone to re-introduce themselves to the board and introduce themselves to people who may have missed them or have not had the chance to do so. Thoughts?

I believe you're thinking about my EDD list- which wouldn't be an intro post, but it would be a start. Maybe we can think about a giant intro post when we're more sure we have everyone here- perhaps when the late Feb girls hit 8 weeks. I'll open up the idea of that post when the time is right.

Honestly, I think the thing is, there's a big difference between "y'all don't know me but here's the story of my completely normal first OB appt!" and "all of that plus a valid and real question". You (obvs) don't have to be a reg to ask questions. You might want to get to know more of the girls here before you post random stuff... We just don't know you, so we don't know what to say.
    KWIM?

• kb3llkb3ll member
    imageziggy903:

imagekb3ll:

I believe you're thinking about my EDD list- which wouldn't be an intro post, but it would be a start. Maybe we can think about a giant intro post when we're more sure we have everyone here- perhaps when the late Feb girls hit 8 weeks. I'll open up the idea of that post when the time is right.

Honestly, I think the thing is, there's a big difference between "y'all don't know me but here's the story of my completely normal first OB appt!" and "all of that plus a valid and real question". You (obvs) don't have to be a reg to ask questions. You might want to get to know more of the girls here before you post random stuff... We just don't know you, so we don't know what to say.
    KWIM?

I get what your saying! When the time is right the reintroduction thread would be great...I'd really like to get know a lot of these ladies better it's going to be a long 7-8 months for us.  

pregnancy calendar
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"