Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Rain on my parade

Currently on night 4 of Ferber and DS fell asleep after 3 minutes of fussing/babbling! I was so thrilled that I expressed my excitement to my FB friends and OF COURSE...there's one mom on there who had to discourage me. She told me to be careful using that method because a couple of her friends who used it have had sleep problems like night terrors develop during the toddler years. Ugh...way to ruin my moment of parental bliss. :(
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rain on my parade

• Umm toddler night terrors are normal and happen to all kids... Or can happen to all kids... Ferber or not. Ferber teaches a skill or doesn't mean it's magic and your kids will never wake again....

Good job ma ma cio is hard work
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are determined then keep going with it. You are mommy. Try not to let outside comments in. People are always wanting to give unwanted advice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your progress!

I read the Ferber book and used it with good success. And long before Ferber (in the 1960s & 70s), my parents had all four of us kids CIO at 4 months age, and none of us had night terrors.

Lastly, if for some reason a child does develop it, Ferber's book addresses it along with other sleep issues (such as sleep walking, bed wetting, head banging, and so on).

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• I'm so glad I did it.  It took about 4 - 5 days for us. And in less than 2 weeks he was doing 11-12 hr stretches.  It is so nice now... I put him to bed at 8, and don't see him again till 7am. 
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • imagesingingirl96:
    I'm so glad I did it.  It took about 4 - 5 days for us. And in less than 2 weeks he was doing 11-12 hr stretches.  It is so nice now... I put him to bed at 8, and don't see him again till 7am. 

That's awesome!! We are still working on longer stretches...right now he's 9-10 hours tops!! But his morning nap has gotten longer - went from 40-50 minutes to 2 hours most days!! 

photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageopaque1997:
    Umm toddler night terrors are normal and happen to all kids... Or can happen to all kids... Ferber or not. Ferber teaches a skill or doesn't mean it's magic and your kids will never wake again.... Good job ma ma cio is hard work

Well said 

• Not knowing your friend aside, I think she means well. A lot of moms tend to try to be wells of advice even if the advice is unsolicited.This has been my experience at least. Unless she was malicious, I would just chalk it up to her trying to pass along some advice.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"