Philadelphia Babies

Nursery Furniture

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into where you bought your nursery furniture.  I have looked at babies r us ect. and the collections seem to go from $400 for all the pieces to $1500 for all the pieces with nothing in between.  Just wanted to see what others are buying.

Re: Nursery Furniture

• We got our crib on amazon and chair from lazy boy.  I am using a huge 8 drawer piece from IKEA for storing clothes and as a changing table.   I want to keep him in my room for a bit so I wanted pieces that would match my bedroom stuff.  I preferred the lazy boy chairs over the baby store chairs.  They just seemed more durable.   IKEA has some great nursery stuff, with good consumer ratings and the prices are very affordable. 

• Norman's in South Philly.  They have all the quality brands, great prices and the customer service/delivery/setup is excellent
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    I bought from Craig's list and received pieces from family members, gifts and some used, that matched perfectly and some we had to strip and stain. It all worked out well and looks great.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We got our furniture from baby supermart in broomall.  They have a wide range of prices, delivery and setup, and friendly helpful staff. Ditto pp on Normans and Ikea. Craigslist is great too if youre trying to stay in a lower budget or be ecofriendly by reusing rather than buying new. I bought a barely used Dutalier glider on craigslist and it was a great purchase....Id just be discerning and really look the pieces over, open the drawers etc to make sure youre getting a decent piece of furniture.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also purchased from Norman's and the service was great! We aren't expecting the furniture until the end of this month, so I can't comment on the delivery and set-up but it was a great experience ordering through them and the prices were lower than Baby Supermall and some others in the area.

We purchased the Munire Bristol in the cherry color. For the two dressers, crib, conversion kit and mattress, we spent about $2,000.

Good luck!

Also, you may want to check out the Baby Bargains book-they have some great suggestions on different price ranges! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • did you try babysupermart? they seem to have alot at reasonable prices. www.babysupermart.com

• I bought my son's furniture at BRU 5 years ago and while I don't exactly regret the purchase (the crib and nightstand have held up exceptionally well), I do regret spending so much money.  When it came to a choice of buying my daughter new furniture or buying my son a new bedroom set, we decided to just find him a nice used youth bedroom set. 

I wish we had purchased a set at Target or even JC Penney on sale.  I will say that the lifetime crib we bought will only help us out if we move because the bedrooms in our house are too small.  Hope it helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"