Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Update:Miscarriage but nothing expelled yet

I need some help. How long is too long to not bleed and expel the tissue during a miscarriage? My baby stopped developing at six weeks. I would be 11 weeks now. I have some cramping and light bleeding but other than that, nothing. My insurance does not cover d&c. My doctor said to wait it out but I'm concerned its taking too long. Any advice would really be appreciated. . Thank you...........well after bleeding a little and nothing else, my doctor finally prescribed me something called cytotec. I believe one of you mentioned that might help....I took my first dose last Friday......nothing other than a little bleeding. Today at 2 pm I took a second dose....nothing. Took a third dose at 7pm..lots of cramping. No bleeding. Ill have to have the d&c if this doesn't work...weird question but since my ins won't cover that procedure, does anyone know if an abortion clinic could help me? Is it the same procedure?

Re: Update:Miscarriage but nothing expelled yet

• Options
    That seems like a long time but if your doc isn't concerned I guess I wouldn't be either unless you aren't feeling well.  My doc didn't want me to wait any longer (3.5 weeks) as I was having no signs.  It is possible that your body will never get the memo.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KimB15KimB15 member
    You can insert suppository meds to induce mc. This is what I did in Nov. it forces your cervix to open and I mc within hours of insertion. It is an ulcer med so it cost me $12. May want to ask your OB?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had an empty sac, so the sac was growing, but there was no baby inside.  I started bleeding around 9 weeks, about half a week after I found out.  When did you find out that you were having the miscarriage?  I have heard that knowing can help our bodies figure out what they are supposed to do.

If you are uncomfortable waiting, another option would be to call Planned Parenthood.  I assume that they can help either with medication or a D&C, though you would have to call them to be sure, and to figure out how much they would charge.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

You might check back with your insurance.  My old insurance didn't cover d&c's until AFTER a certain point.  So you couldn't opt to just get a d&c instead of waiting, but if you had waited X number of weeks and things weren't happening, and you tried the pills, and they didn't work, THEN they would cover it because it met their list of stupid requirements.

Just a thought, but you might try?  Good luck.

ETA: And not to encourage insurance fraud, but do some research on the pills available/what insurance says you need to try.  I've heard some crazy horror stories with how painful they are.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Do you remember  how long it took to mc with that med?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"