Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ergo Original vs Ergo Sport

I am trying to decide between the original Ergo or the sport version. Does anyone have input on what the differences really are? I can tell from the product info that the sport seems to be a lighterweight fabric and possibly better for taller height parents - I am 5'4" but my husband is 6'3". But other than that there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference. Would the original work ok for my 6'3" husband?

Thanks!

Re: Ergo Original vs Ergo Sport

• There are some good YouTube videos that compare them. We went with the performance for the lighter weight. It made a big difference when I compared them in person. The sporty ones breathe better which is nice too.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• EOB584EOB584 member

imageMrsJetSet:
    There are some good YouTube videos that compare them. We went with the performance for the lighter weight. It made a big difference when I compared them in person. The sporty ones breathe better which is nice too.

Thanks! The YouTube video was very helpful!

• Loading the player...
  • One thing I discounted until I used it daily was the hood and how it attched.  When my baby was little it wasn't an issue - we had the sport.  As she got older i needed the hood to "force" sleep when we are out and about because she gets too distracted otherwise.  I could not "hook" the hood in the sport - its little hooks that g on to the pulls where the "chest strap" (which is a back strap if you are wearing baby in front) are.  THe hooks are hard to clip onto that when you can see what you are doing and it was nearly impossible for me to do it alone with baby on me.

I sold it and bought a regular old fashion on with the snap hood and LOVE IT.  some thats not an issue and they like the fabric, longer waist strap (I did have to buy an extension for the classic) and other aspects of the sport.. but for me the hood attaching was important. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The "Sport" version is simply larger. So if you are extremely tall or... larger, this is the one for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I looked at both the Sport and Performance.  I went with the performance because the shoulder straps were more cushioned and the fabric was more breathable.

However, the sport was softer, but in the end breathability had to win out because I sweat easily and live in a hot climate.

BTW, LOVE my ergo - you won't be sorry no matter which model you choose :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"