Birthday Parties

Birthday gift suggestions for 1 year old?

I'm having my son's 1st birthday party.  People are already starting to ask me what to get him.  Any suggestions on what to say?  I really don't care if they were to bring nothing, but I know many will and really do want suggestions as to what to get.

I was thinking about saying books.  Other thoughts? 

Re: Birthday gift suggestions for 1 year old?

• I almost always say clothes and books since you can really get overwhelmed with toys.  If they want to give a toy I would ask for something that doesn't require a lot of cleanup or a bunch of separate parts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ccamccam member
    Books, puzzles, outdoor toys, clothes

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • An iPad mini! Just jokin. But i think you can either demure by saying "oh we are up for anything" (cause in actuality, babies can be fun for people to shop for) or you can tell them whatever you really do want. If that's books, then by all means tell them books!
  • Books are great. At that age, DS also loved simple puzzles, his corn popper or other push-along toys, outdoor stuff like a baby pool. Clothes/pjs, if you need them, are always a help as well.

• I usually just say "a million dollars" .... always gets a chuckle.   if they insist, I usually tell them "your presence is enough, don't worry about it"  I know they won't come empty handed anyway.  I think it's rude to tell people what you want them to bring... you know.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Radio Flyer Pathfinder Red Wagon--if it is a relative who wants to spend more money--this was a gift for my son's 1st birthday, and we got the best pictures of him in his red wagon at his birthday party.  And we got some more good pictures of both of our kids at my daughter's 1st birthday.  

Anything Elmo--my son just adored Elmo when he was 1 years old--he loved watching Sesame Street in the morning, boardbooks with Elmo and Sesame Street, Sesame Street DVDs, and Sandra Boynton boardbooks.  

My husband liked to buy him cars to collect for when he was older.  Now that my son is older, he has a good collection and plays a lot with cars.  He likes Chuck & Friends mini trucks.  

At this age, it just needs to be a toy that is safe if he puts the toy or book in his mouth.  And they put a lot of things in their mouth.   

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I always ask for clothes. I swear you can't have too many. My son is always into everything so his clothes get stained/ruined all the time. I feel like I'm always shopping.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"