Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Window Vs. Isle seat

My little man will be 3 months on Wednesday and we will be flying cross country from So. CA to NH on a red eye.  Our long leg is Orange County to Newark and I'm trying to decide on reserving a window or isle.  Of course there are benefits to both, but I'm curious if any experienced moms have strong recommendations from past experiences.  It seems 50/50 to me... privacy or ability to get up easily.

What are your thoughts? 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

Re: Window Vs. Isle seat

• No experience, but I would think an aisle seat would be better. That way if LO starts fussing you can stand up and rock and/or bounce him/her easier. 

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• I flew with my little man at six weeks. I went with an isle seat. It was easier for me. I was closer to overhead compartment just in case I needed to retrieve items and I did not have to cross over anyone if I needed to use the bathroom or change his diaper. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Since it's a red eye flight, I'd do an aisle seat since most pep[le will probably sleep through it. You don't want to get stuck by the window if LO has a blowout and the person on the aisle is asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I personally haven't done it with a baby but I used to take a similar flight from JFK to SF when my husband was playing there. I always base my seat on annoying the least amount of people. If I did a red eye I'd always do a window because I can sleep the entire time and I didn't want someone with a faulty bladder waking me up every 20 mins. If your LO can sleep long stretches I'd take the window. If you had the isle and someone on the window had the faulty bladder you'd be waking the baby constantly getting up then he's upset everyone around. If you're worried he'll be fussy Id get the aisle so you can get up to walk and soothe. Also, get the front of the plane. Last on, first off will really help too.
  • Thanks for all the advice everyone. I ended up opting for the isle.  The first leg is a 4+ hour red eye so since he typically sleeps during that time, I'm hopeful he'll do just that. I'm going to have a bottle prepared for that flight and I'll also have him in the baby Bjorn so if I do have to get up to let someone else out, it shouldn't wake him. Also, this way I won't have to worry about waking anyone up should I need to walk him around a little. Personally, I've always preferred isle anyway so I think that will make me feel a little more comfortable regardless. For the second leg I reserved the window so I can nurse him if needed. :) 

Maybe no one else will be flying that day ;) hahahha! ya right!  Thanks again!

New Mommy since 4/3/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"