January 2013 Moms

Pinching while BFing

DD is tearing up my right boob with the pinching. It started in the past week and I have no idea why she's doing it! My boob looks about ready to bleed from her digging her nails into it even though I keep her nails short.

Any ideas as to why? It's only the one side.

Any ideas of how to stop this? She's really done a number on my breast/nipple.

Re: Pinching while BFing

• Do you give her something to hold while feeding her? I started giving DS2 a lovey or blanket to hold onto to keep his arms from flailing around.

Could also be her dominant hand too which is why it's only happening on one side?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its a sensory thing. Lo will probably start grabbing your face and seeming like she's trying to eat it! They are learning from it all. Great suggestion to give her something to hold!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a necklace, I just need to find it... I don't think it made it in our air shipment. Maybe it is her dominant hand because she only does it with her right hand [her dad will be sad - he's a lefty]
  • I wear this while BFing.  She mostly just holds onto it and uses it to punch me in the chest with but it keeps her from scratching my face, my nipple, her face, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007N3KOJE/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00D1VKTRO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FJC7TPC1EBF704ZK5SG

• I just bought supplies for nursing necklaces last week for this reason exactly. Elsie needs a little encouragement to use them instead of pinching me but at least she had other options. I also kinda discovered if I don't just wear my Undercover Mama camis and have a shirt bunched up around my chest, she'll fiddle with that instead.

//The supplies for the nursing necklaces weren't that expensive. If you think it might help, just google DIY nursing necklace. Lots of ideas. All pretty easy.//
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a teething/nursing necklace that I bought from Boubeads. I LOVE it!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/boubeads

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
  • DS plays with my shirt or punches/slaps my chest.  It's just started recently but it's pretty bad.  He also kicks a lot while he eats.  Luckily it hasn't gotten to the point of hurting yet.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageteds1chic:
    DD does this to me on both sides and she also grabs my face, nose, lips. It hurts. I've been debating getting a nursing necklace but she does it with the arm underneath too so a necklace wouldn't help that. I'm not helpful but I can relate!

All of this is me too. I either hold his hand or give him something to play with. That pinching and grabbing hurts!
  • I agree with PPs about using nursing necklaces. I have one I won from a blog giveaway from a company called Boubeads, funny I know! I think you can get them on Etsy. I also have issues with pinching and her hands in my hair, mouth, etc. She's a crazy one. Holding their hand works sometimes too. But I can commiserate. Wish this squirmy phase would pass but I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse as they get older!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageArichison08:
    I agree with PPs about using nursing necklaces. I have one I won from a blog giveaway from a company called Boubeads, funny I know! I think you can get them on Etsy. I also have issues with pinching and her hands in my hair, mouth, etc. She's a crazy one. Holding their hand works sometimes too. But I can commiserate. Wish this squirmy phase would pass but I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse as they get older!

Yep! I linked it above. ;) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
  • DD does this too, but she pinches the back of my arm.  It hurts like a b!tch, who knew such a little thing could pinch so hard!  I haven't figured out how to get her to stop yet, since her arm is under her while she is nursing.  If I say "ow" or "no,"  she stops nursing and looks at me, so that doesn't really help either.  It's always something...
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"