December 2011 Moms

Moved into a "big boy" bed... Anyone else?

We are in night number two in a big bed for my little guy! He is doing great, though he looks sooo tiny in a twin sized bed. Has anyone else moved up yet? If so, how is it going? He is a little more fussy before naps but goes down within about 5-10 minutes... Bedtime has been no fight at all, and he STTN... Which he has only done a few times since birth! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
October 2013- BFP- M/C

Re: Moved into a "big boy" bed... Anyone else?

• We are getting ready too. We are going to a toddler bed for now though. I just think she is old enough to get up when she wants. I plan to put a gate up in our hallway so she can play in her room or come into our room.
  • Ds moved about a month ago. It hasnt changed his sleeping but it did give me 2 or so hours a alone time before he wakes up crying. I like him.in his bed he looks so grown up
  • Loading the player...
  • What made you switch? I think we're going to have him stay in the crib as long as we can. He hasn't tried to climb out *YET* :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageJmcmahon21:
    What made you switch? I think we're going to have him stay in the crib as long as we can. He hasn't tried to climb out *YET* :)
    We switched because he wasn't sleeping well in our bed, was obsessed with wanting to sleep in our own bed, etc. he has slept much better the last two nights. We also have a cruise coming up that i wanted him transitioned for- he will need to sleep on a twin sized bed and I wanted him to already be able to- and not have a difficult time on vacation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • We just bought safety gates for transitioning DS and plan on transitioning him after the fourth, after the in-laws leave. 

We transitioned DD at 15 months because she climbed out.  IMO, she did great.  She slept like normal the first night or two but then learned that she could leave her bed and play so she spent a week after that enjoying her new found freedom (she would play quietly in her room for about 30 min before she fell asleep).  She never cried to be let out of her room or for us.  I hope DS is as easy!  DS hasn't tried to climb out yet; we just plan on transitioning him since it seems to be easier the younger you do it.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We actually had to transition about 2 months ago because I was put on bed rest and wasn't aloud to carry or lift him.  He surprisingly did great and we have had zero issues since.  He has fallen out of bed once in that time but in reality it isn't bad.  I kind of expected more. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"