Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO has legs in frog style while lying on his back

Our LO rests his legs in the froggy position when he lies on his back. Anybody else's LO do that? He can straighten them out and kick and play with his legs but his comfort seems to be the froggy style position. He will be 4 months on the 2nd of July.

DH and I think it's cute but I did the unthinkable and googled it and although some people where saying their LO does or did the same thing and all was well, I began to see links on spine and hips issues. I decided not to click on any of those because new mothers have enough to worry about.

But I'm curious to know if any of your LO's do the same thing or did the same thing? 

Re: LO has legs in frog style while lying on his back

• I was just telling LO's pediatrician last week how much I hate Dr Google. I requested that he do a full examination for any alignment issues because I googled why LO's eyes might be slightly different in shape!

But to answer your question it's normal. The legs start to straighten out as they get more mobile. Your ped will usually do some movement tests of the hip joints at evey well check. My LO will lay straight if he's at an angle but flat in his crib still reverts to legs drawn up with his arms widespread. He's almost 19 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes, dd sleeps like that.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS legs like that, too. And sleeps froggy style 100% of the time, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS lays like that, too. And sleeps froggy style 100% of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sleeps froggy style on his back all the time.
    Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep, DS does this too and is very close in age to your LO.  I was concerned a little too, but decided not to worry about since the Dr checks the baby's legs at every appt.
  • Ok...good so we can go on thinking it's cute with no worries. Because it really is cuuuute. ;-)
  • imagetashadee75:
    Ok...good so we can go on thinking it's cute with no worries. Because it really is cuuuute. ;-)

It real is adorable :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mine does this too!  and sleeps like this sometimes. lately he froggys his legs then leans them to one side with his head to one side and thats how he rolls over.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yup mine likes to sleep that way too lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • This describes my DS to a T. He sleeps with his legs flopped like froggy, but he will easily straighten them out to kick. His pediatrician made note that he did it, but not as any point of concern.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"