Postpartum Depression

Newly

I had my baby 4 days ago and have a history of depression. Ever since I came home from the hospital I'm sad and can't stop crying. I'm up every 2-3 hrs to feed baby so I'm tired from lack of sleep. I feel like I lost the independence to do whatever I wanted whether it be getting out of house ect...I'm also sad that my husband is going bk to work on Monday. I know it's the weekend but I feel like I'm losing it, my mom suggested going to urgent care but I don't know what they would even do.feeling lost and confused. 

Re: Newly

• jefkjefk member
    I'm a lurker on this board, but I totally understand how you feel.  I'm two weeks PP and the first week was the worst.  I was only getting 3-4 hours of sleep at night, constantly feeding, and housebound due to my c-section recovery.  I cried for hours - literally hours - at a time. My husband is incredibly supportive and basically forced me to sleep, and honestly just getting a couple extra hours of sleep every day has helped.  I also started pumping/formula feeding at night so my hubs could help with the feedings, and that has also helped a lot (though it did take me a couple days to work through the guilt of bottle-feeding).  Do you have anyone who can come over and watch the baby during the day so you can get a little time to yourself?  Make an appt with your OB for next week so you can talk to them about it - they might be able to recommend a therapist or someone else you can talk to.  Good luck and big hugs :)
  • I went to the ER with a bad panic attack being about 8 weeks pregnant with my second son and they prescribed Buspar which helped a lot. So maybe if you go they will also get you started on meds and you will feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 9 days PP and also have a history of depression. MH amazingly supportive husband suggested that he would formula feed tonight. I hate that I want to say ok to that. LO only started today with letting us know that he is hungry versus us waking him to eat and I already feel like I can't do it. I then in turn get upset bc all I've been doing since we have been home is crying or just not happy. I have always wanted to be a mother and right now I'm not enjoying it at all. I do have a doc appt Tuesday so this will definitely all be discussed. sorry if this is jumbled... just need to vent
  • This could just be bad baby blues. All these feelings u are having are completely normal at this point. However if these feelings continue for more than a couple weeks it could be PPD which u then need to see the doctor. Drinking lots of water, going for walks and taking b vitamins and 5htp really helped me. You have lost a bit of your independence but it as baby gets older it will come back and you won't feel that way.
    Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"