February 2014 Moms

TMI: Bloating and Constipation

I'm just beginning my 9th week and in spite of doing everything right by the books, I am super bloated (I literally look 6 months preggers!) and haven't been able to 'go'. Had the bloat checked to make sure it's not a pregnancy issue, so basically it's related to severe constipation and drinking insane amounts of water. I'll be seeing my OB about this again next week but I'm to a point I may have to wake her up at home as an emergency! How embarrassing. I tried taking milk of magnesium as a last resort today and almost puked. Tried colace, prunes, oats, fruits, and even feasting and overeating. Has anyone experienced this level of being backed up? If so, what was your remedy and what did your OB suggest you do?

Re: TMI: Bloating and Constipation

• How many days have you been without yourbowela moving? Have you tried giving yourself a glycerin suppository?
  • I had non pregnancy related constipation once where I seriously thought I would die. So, i feel your pain, and im sorry you're experiencing this. My sister the nurse gave me some remedies that eventually worked but I hesitate to share them as I don't know if they are safe for pregnancy.

Try a cup of hot water with lemon, hot decaf coffee, maybe if you're not having caffeine everyday a small cup of Starbucks, that could always make me go. Call your OB, mine has lists of approved OTC remedies for such problems. I hope you find relief soon.
    Baby #1 due 2/10/14!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried Metamucil capsules? You have to take a bunch of the fiber pills at a time but it is safe during pregnancy. Good Luck!
  • versedversed member
    Miralax. Only thing that undid the awfulness caused by taking Zofran. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Miralax!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My precious angel Ryan Caleb passed away to his heavenly home a few short hours after birth due to hydrops 7.5.2012 @ 30 weeks.
  • Try taking a prenatal with polyethylene glycol. I don't have an issue with constipation and inadvertently took one and couldnt figure out why i was so sick. Polyethylene glycol is used as a laxative and given to people before colonoscopies. I hope that you feel better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Miralax.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageNextVerseUnknown:
    Miralax. Only thing that undid the awfulness caused by taking Zofran. Good luck!

This!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies for all your incredibly helpful responses! In additional just want to update that my doctor gave me the ok to drink a few sips of caffeine/espresso as I gave up my morning coffee ritual for this pregnancy. Off the topic, espresso has much less caffeine than your regular Starbucks sized coffee so that also helped a little bit. I think I am still carrying 45lbs of backedupness!!!
  • Your Dr should be able to tell you a pg safe stool softner or laxative to get things moving.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"