Chit Chat

Copper.

Has anyone watched this show?  LMK. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: Copper.

• Winslow apparently recorded it on our Tivo but I don't know anything about the show. He hasn't watched it yet.  Is it good?  What's it about?
  • It is really good.  I watched the first season (10 episodes) this past weekend after the girls went to sleep. 

The basic plot is about an Irish detective in the Five Points neighborhood in New York in 1863.  It's during the civil war and shortly after the Draft Riots. 

There are a lot of underlying plots involving child prostitution, various murders, and a plot to set New York on fire. There are a lot of class, gender, and race issues going on like rich vs. poor, whores vs. "respectable" woman, and Irish vs. Black. 

The main plotline through the entire season, tho, is the main character's investigation of his daughter's death and his wife's disappearance. 

It's really good.  It's also a BBC production, so it's heavy on dialogue and lighter on gore and T&A, regardless of the seaminess of the location and time period. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • So, Gangs of New York era/setting?  I'll have to check it out!

• I just posted about this show a few days ago.  It's good.  If you have Netflix streaming you can watch the 1st season there.  I like it, and the new season starts in a few days.  

Crap, I just checked and the new season started already and I've missed 3 eps. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"