Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

convertible carseat

We need to invest a convertible carseat in the next month. We like the britax but have a smaller car. We have an acura tsx. Anyone have that car and what convertible carseat you use? Or reccomendations on carseat. Anyone like the chicco's, safety first? Thanks. Oh and this is our main carseat. We have the peg pergo infant and love that.

Re: convertible carseat

• Options

Join the FB group Car Seats for the Littles.  There are educated techs on the page who can help you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    If you are worried about front to back space the NextFit might be a great option. We really like ours, but I will warn that it took about a month for the straps to be easy to tighten. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may want to look at the Safety 1st Guide 65. It fits great into small spaces, rear faces to 40 lbs and inches, and the straps are easy to adjust. We have one in DHs 3 series BMW.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    imagebethanyreese:
    You may want to look at the Safety 1st Guide 65. It fits great into small spaces, rear faces to 40 lbs and inches, and the straps are easy to adjust. We have one in DHs 3 series BMW.
    It's a decent seat, but without knowing the lo's stats it's hard to recommend it. It doesn't generally fit until about 6-9 months old. OP, either join Car Seats for the Littles, as pp suggested, or come back with stats (age, height, weight, shirt size). I would only recommend a Britax convertible to a 30% or smaller lo.
  • Options

We have an Acura TL, so just a tad bigger than your TSX.  We tried the Chicco Nextfit, and it fits, but we ended up getting the Peg Perego.  The 2 things I don't like about the Nextfit is 1) the fabric seems like it'll get hot, and DS is a hot baby, and 2) the way the seat bottom is designed, it seems easy to have food lodged there and make cleaning difficult.

We've been using the Peg Perego for about a month now and I'm pretty happy with it. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the peg perego convertible and love it! We have an acura MDX and it fits great in the middle.

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Peg Perego or Chicco Nextfit will last longer and take up about the same amount of space.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I have seen a lot of STMs recommend the Diono Radian RXT for various reasons.  I am personally underwhelmed with the seat.  I don't like that you can't use the head wings with an infant and the recline is ridiculous.  Even with the angle adjuster it takes up A LOT of room.
    When I looked at the options we went with Britax Advocate(s). Mainly because it offers the most side impact protection you can get on the market today, and Beb rides in the outboard seating position in my car.  We currently have one installed in our Toyota Corolla and one in out Mazda CX-9.  It fits great.  And IMO you cannot go wrong with Britax. andplusalso, they are currently having huge sales.

There's some really good info here.

Do what's best for you, your cars and your budget!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"