January 2013 Moms
Options

1st birthday locations

OK so the other post got me thinking...

For those of you who live where it will be cold and snowy in January, where are you planning on having LO's first birthday party? Or if you've already done one for another child...

Our house is small and wouldn't even accommodate just family, but we also will invite our large group of friends since we're all so close

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 1st birthday locations

• Options
    We'll be doing ours at Grandma's. It's not huge by any means (2 bedroom 1 bath 100+ year old house) but could probably get 25 to 30 in there "comfortably" ;)

• Options
    We are doing it at our house, we have plenty of room for both our immediate families....brothers/sisters, parents, nieces/nephews. I'm a little sad DS won't have a warm birthday...but I didn't either and I'm fine.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is very cold and snowy here in January so it has to be inside.  Our rental house is way too small so if we are still living here we will host it at my parents house roughly 2 hours away (actually more convenient for several people).  If we want to keep it in our town but still live here we will probably rent a room at the community center.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

We're having 2 birthday parties! One in cold Baltimore, MD and one in pleasant Oakland, CA. Ideally we'll do this every year because LO is a New Year's Eve baby and it's a great way to see family for the holidays AND his birthday all in one trip. Boom!

For the MD one, we will do it at my mothers house, the house I grew up in. It'll be a bit tight but it will do for this first year. For CA, I'm hoping to have something outside by a lake or at a family/friends back yard type of thing. I'll let his dad figure that part out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ta78ta78 member
    We just have bdays at our house. Maybe when the kids are older we will do something more fun, but we just have small family bdays right now.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options

For DS (Nov. baby) we had his first in our basement/playroom we had about 30-40 guests and it worked great; we'll probably do the same thing for DD's

Anyhow we had DS' 2nd birthday at my sister's restaurant (closed for the occasion) because he had already started pre-preschool and we invited his classmates too, so we had 50+ guests; we're planning to have his 3rd either at the restaurant or at our community center

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

I have started to think about this same thing. Logistically we could shove everyone into our house---but not everyone would have a seat somewhere, even sitting on the floor would be super tight. If we could use our backyard, it would be a different story, but we live in Michigan and probably will have a foot or two of snow on the ground.

I have started to really consider inexpensive restaurants. The downside is that I would feel bad letting DS make a mess with his first piece of cake being out somewhere...and I would also feel bad not letting him take joy in his first piece of cake at the same time.

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBabyHope2013:

I have started to think about this same thing. Logistically we could shove everyone into our house---but not everyone would have a seat somewhere, even sitting on the floor would be super tight. If we could use our backyard, it would be a different story, but we live in Michigan and probably will have a foot or two of snow on the ground.

I have started to really consider inexpensive restaurants. The downside is that I would feel bad letting DS make a mess with his first piece of cake being out somewhere...and I would also feel bad not letting him take joy in his first piece of cake at the same time.

I through a baby shower at an American Legion function hall for $150. I will probably do that for the birthday party. Try pricing out VFWs, Knights of Columbus, American Legions, churches ... they usually have cheap halls where you don't have to worry about the mess because you can clean it up yourself. 

OR, just put something on the ground under the high chair at the restaurant to catch the mess. I am sure that you can clean up the high chair yourself and not feel guilty about the staff having to do it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sure at a family members house! I already have a theme and everything ready to go! Is that bad? Haha!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"