December 2012 Moms
Options

Recommend your Pack N Play

We never got a pack n play when DS was born, but we're getting ready to pack up our house and move 1,300 miles away.  I'd like to have something for him to sleep in while we're stopped for the night while traveling, and for when we get to the new house before we have time to put the crib back together. 
I was looking at the Graco Pack N Play Playard with Reversible Napper and Changer (obviously we wouldn't need the newborn napper now, but could use it for future children).
What worked for you?  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your Pack N Play

• Options
    imagediscobelle:

We bought the Graco one with the napper and the changing table with our first baby.  I never really liked the changing table on it.

With our second baby, we just got a basic one, and it's worked fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Travel-Playard-Green/dp/B005UV0UEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372555396&sr=8-1&keywords=pack+n+play

I was just looking at that one.  Maybe I'll go that route instead (and save some money!)

• Options
    imagesarahrusty:
    imagediscobelle:

We bought the Graco one with the napper and the changing table with our first baby.  I never really liked the changing table on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Travel-Playard-Green/dp/B005UV0UEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372555396&sr=8-1&keywords=pack+n+play

I was just looking at that one.  Maybe I'll go that route instead (and save some money!)

We got a basic one like that from Graco and loved it.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have the Graco with the napper/changer and used it alot when she was younger and smaller, but since your LO is bigger now, you probably won't get much use out of it so unless you're fairly sure you'll have more kids and use it with them, i'd go with the basic option.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I have a Joovy Room 2. We picked it because it was nice and simple. However, it's one of the largest on the market. It's 10sq ft of play/sleep space. It's great for Cade to play with toys, do tummy time, nap, ect. Plus the mattress it's just plastic covered cardboard and the sheet is thick Tshirt material and not some weird polyester.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We had the reversible napper and changer, and never used it. I wish that we had gotten the cheaper one instead.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageJandACoffee:
    imageTheEditor:
    imagesarahrusty:
    imagediscobelle:

Same here. We also got a mattress for it off Amazon and used it for a primary sleeping surface when initially transferring DD out of the RnP before we moved her to her own room. The mattress was only like 40 bucks and it worked great!

We have this pack n play too.  I just finished an 18 hour each way driving trip with DS, and honestly, it was PERFECT for traveling.  Super easy to set up and take down, folds up pretty small for the car.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    laura1laura1 member
    imageArmyWife114:
    imageJandACoffee:
    imageTheEditor:
    imagesarahrusty:
    imagediscobelle:

Same here. We also got a mattress for it off Amazon and used it for a primary sleeping surface when initially transferring DD out of the RnP before we moved her to her own room. The mattress was only like 40 bucks and it worked great!

We have this pack n play too.  I just finished an 18 hour each way driving trip with DS, and honestly, it was PERFECT for traveling.  Super easy to set up and take down, folds up pretty small for the car.   

Another vote for the basic one.  We have now bought 3 pnps - needed 2 when the big kids were younger for traveling, one is now a disaster (the mattress got messed up and DS made a hole in the mesh on the side) so we just bought a third basic one.  We keep one at the ILs house, and use one at our house or for other traveling.   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the pack n play lite. It's the smaller version of the regular basic one. We love it because its small enough to put in a small space hotel room but does the same job as a big one. We bring it everywhere even though DD is still cosleeping with us. It fit in our suitcase so we were able to bring it to DH parents house in Dominican Republic without paying extra. We take that bad boy on the beach, too.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"