Pregnant after 35
Options

Tummy sleeper

Hello all! I am 17w and 6 days pregnant and a tummy sleeper.  As my tummy has grown I find it difficult or impossible to sleep on my tummy.  This causes me to get very little sleep at night:-(...   Any suggestions?

Re: Tummy sleeper

• Options

I was too, and had to make a HUGE adjustment to my sleeping pattern. Not only that, but I also sleep on my right side, which pressed on the vena cava and reduces blood flow. As you will find out, sleeping on your left side is recommended by all doctors.

I went on Amazon.com and found an U-shaped, body-sized pillow for about $80. It is specifically designed for pregnant women. I turn on my left side, put part of the pillow between my legs and hug the rest, as is pictured on the cover. As I grew bigger (I am due July 6th), it has become even more used. I also prop up on a ton of extra bed pillows. 

Sometimes, I still switch over to my right side, out of habit, but a slight pain in my upper abdomen area (just under the bra area) makes me shift to my back or left side. Don't worry about crushing the baby. I have no recollection of waking up on my belly. One time, I flopped on my belly, forgetting about the pregnancy just for a second, when I was really glad to be home from work one day, and the pain was so extreme, I immediately flipped over. You will get to the point where your body just won't let you! 

• Options
    Ditto. I haven't broken down and bought a pregnancy pillow yet but I've been putting a pillow between my legs and hugging another one against my chest. Sometimes I straighten my bottom leg and keep the pillow under my top leg to keep the pressure off my stomach. It's a real challenge for me as my body really does prefer specific positions for sleep, and this past week I've begun to have horrible hip pain as well. I do hear great things about the pregnancy pillows so I will probably try one soon.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, update...my husband got me the boppy pregnancy pillow and it's really helping. I would definitely recommend trying a full body pregnancy pillow.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"