Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Fun/exciting infant vibrating/bouncer seat...Mamas and Papas GoGo Carousel Rocker or other?

A while back my daughter wanted the FP Snug-a-Monkey Deluxe Bouncer seat. I bought it for her as a gift (although she doesn't know I did) and she was recently questioning if it was going to be too "boring" as the baby gets a little older and if it was worth purchasing.

I think it's good to have some kind of infant seat so you can bring baby to the bathroom if your showering, into the kitchen to make dinner, etc., but I'm also wondering if that seat will be short lived?

At BRU there is a seat from Mamas and Papas called the GoGo Carousel Bouncer. This is more money but I'm wondering if this would grow more with them? Anyone tried this?

I've also seen those infant to toddler rockers but not sure what would be best. 

Any suggestions or input?

Re: Fun/exciting infant vibrating/bouncer seat...Mamas and Papas GoGo Carousel Rocker or other?

• Options
    I couldn't have lived without a bouncer on each floor of my house with both my kids. That being said my first started trying to escape them at 5 months and it looks like my 2nd is headed that way. If I was buying baby gear all over again I would just buy the cheapest bouncer and not one of the fancy ones. I did buy an infant to toddler rocker for my 2nd because my 2 year old wanted to sit in his old bouncer and was too heavy. I probably could have lived without it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is a lot for a bouncer that doesn't really do anything.

I have this bouncer and all three of my kids loved it.  It plays music, has a cool waterfall effect, toys they can reach and the seat vibrates.  

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2508008&gcsct=0ChMIiLfbrP6MuAIVxkDnCh0qDgAAEAA 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Seems like an overpriced, more modern, designer version of the Fisher Price infant to toddler deluxe rocker (at twice the price).  The toy bar looks boring. We had a simple springy bouncer and the FP infant to toddler rocker and actually preferred the bouncer.  It was lighter, more portable and LO actually fell asleep in there from the movement, but we didn't use it for the first month or so because it was a bit too upright for a newborn. We stopped using the bouncer at 6 months or so because the baby got too mobile and active, so I suspect both products would be outgrown about the same time developmentally.   

ETA:  The FP deluxe rocker can be used as a toddler seat and my 20 m old has recently started showing an interest in using it as a chair, but there was a period of about a year where it wasn't of much use to us.  The Mamas and Papas recliner tops out at 19 lbs or 6 months.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's priced badly at all. It vibrates, plays music, rocks, can be stationary, has the head insert, mesh sides and an adjustable toy bar. it also looks nice. seems like something really light and easy to move around the house as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"