October 2013 Moms

Coming home outfit

Have you ladies thought about this at all? Anyone getting anything special?
Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7

Re: Coming home outfit

• In my culture, it's tradition that Baby comes home in yellow...yellow signifies good luck. We already have our yellow outfit for our baby boy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't decided yet! I'm sure I'm gonna get some super cute outfits from my baby showers so I will have lots to choose from :]
  • Loading the player...
  • anskipanskip member
    I started thinking about it, but haven't chosen one yet.
  • Haven't thought much about it, but maybe next time I go shopping I will look around.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• I'm having a gown custom made for her with her monogram. And matching big sis/big bro shirts for the big two.
  • My baby shower is at the end of July, so I have been waiting to see if I get any cute going home outfits there.  If not, I'll pick out something after that.  I love looking at/buying baby clothes, but I wanted to hold off until after the shower to avoid overdoing it if we get a ton of clothes. 

• I've been eye-ing this:

photo monster_zps4f22c8b3.jpg

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• Yup, I got mine at hartstrings. Super sweet.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I think we will be using this outfit for the coming home outfit- not 100% yet though.

I love purple!!

From Oshkosh

https://www.carters.com/oshkoshbgosh/STRIPED-SLEEP-PLAY/V_414-206,default,pd.html?dwvar_V__414-206_color=PurpleStripe&cgid=oshkosh-baby-girl-layette&start=

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• I've been thinking about it, but haven't gotten anything yet. I'm sure ill wait to see what I get at my shower.

I'm also waiting to see what the weather is like. It's been known to be in the 80's as well as snowing in midOctober around here so I want to see what the weather trend might be before buying something specific.
  • My sister got me this outfit that i'm gonna use for his going home get up.

• My mom got me an adorable little grey mouse set for our little girl. I will plan on using that unless she's too big for it it (crossing fingers that isn't the case)
  • Thanks gals!
    Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • I have a almost two year old little boy and I was pondering using the same "going home from the hospital outfit" since we are having another little boy...It's from HM and the tshirt is white and has a little elephant on it and it says "tiny elephant" and it has little blue plaid shorts to match. I loved it so much the first time and baby boy number two gets to inherit all of his big bro's clothes. Unless someone gets him something cuter.
  • I'll just pick a couple outfits in NB and 0 to 3 months. I'll pick a short sleeved one and a long sleeved one in each size. That way I have size and weather covered. I will avoid a gown because it will ride up with the buckles and cause him to not be buckled in his seat safely.

I didn't do a special coming home outfit with DS and won't this time either. DS came home in a blue one piece outfit with feet with trains or cars across the chest. I also packed at 2am after my water broke 2 weeks early so I just grabbed whatever was closest.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekicius56:
    imagetmccord21:

My sister got me this outfit that i'm gonna use for his going home get up.

I got something similar in pink from Gap. :) 

with a little owl on it right? Super cute! 

• imageYcu2013:
    In my culture, it's tradition that Baby comes home in yellow...yellow signifies good luck. We already have our yellow outfit for our baby boy!

Same thing in my culture, just debating on whether to use the one we used for DS or getting LO his own.
  • We got our daughters coming home outfit already!

Mama Megan
  • DD came home in a onesie with our high school name/mascot on it since we're high school sweethearts - just seemed fitting. With this one, prob a lil sis onesie to match dd's big sis tee. It'll be just us four, so it's not like we're coming home to a bunch of visitors. Whatever makes a cute photo opt as we leave the hospital will do.
  • I'm probably going to sound like a moron, but what's the point of having a "special" outfit to bring the baby home in? I've never really understood it.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • At the risk of sounding completely stupid, we'll be bringing the baby home in a bass pro onesie. The munchkin has nicknamed the baby Bass Pro as it is her favorite place to go and it has stuck. Everyone now refers to he or she by that. We are team green so it works out since we can't/wouldn't buy a gender specific outfit anyways.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Found this today! MH loves it! 

• My mom still has the dress that my sister and I came home from the hospital in, so if this LO is a girl she will wear that. If baby is a boy I have no idea. Might send my mom out to get something or use something we have. Will have to see what clothes we have at that point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We are team green,  just got a girl outfit... now just need a boy outfit!! I have lots from DS but feel like I want something special for each baby to come home in :) Plus, it is so fun to shop! I found the girl outfit at Nordstroms.
  • imagekicius56:
    imagetmccord21:

My sister got me this outfit that i'm gonna use for his going home get up.

I got something similar in pink from Gap. :) 

CUTE! But just FYI: I always hated the pants outfits before umbilical cord falls off, it can rub and make bleed :( I use the 1 piece footsie outfits... the sleep layette gowns are cute too but don't work so well with car seat straps 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"