November 2013 Moms
Options

New Sensation

I got horrible heartburn the other day and I feel like I was dying. I for one never ever had heartburn before in my life and it was my luck that the very first time would be hell. I had no idea what was going on. It literally felt like my inner organs were being dislodged with a blow torch. Luckily my mom was able to talk to the nurse for me and she informed my mom that I had severe heartburn. I thought heart burn would be in the chest and not in your stomach and back. It was by far one of the worst experiences so far but not including the worst YI on earth lol.

Re: New Sensation

• Options
    Digestive enzymes are a great alternative to tums personally. You can find them at any health food store .
  • Options
    Oh okay thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ljh556ljh556 member
    When I get hearburn, tums and zantac don't seem to work at all! What I have found that works every time is Apple cider vinegar. I take the pills but you can also use the stuff in your kitchen.  I would just mix the liquid with some water and a little lemon and squeeze of honey to make it more palatable.
  • Options

I've gotten it pretty bad - the pain keeps me up at night and I have to pace around my house because any sort of pressure from sitting just makes it worse.  I've had issues with it for a few years, not just in pregnancy.  Once I honestly felt I was having a heart attack and we ended up going to the hospital.

Anyway, aside from the Tums and other meds, a couple of things I've found to help:

- Chewing gum after meals

- Trying to stretch my arms way above my head to stretch out my chest area

- Ginger ale - drinking it fast and trying to get a good burp out can help

- Try to sit up and not lie down at least a couple of hours after a larger meal

- Avoid spicy foods (my favorite - they always get me in trouble!) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"