May 2012 Moms

poop in the tub?!

So around 11 months old DS pooped in the tub for the first time.  We thought it was super funny, and obviously were thankful that we had made it 11 months without an accident.

However, now he poops in the tub about once a week!! Each time I have to take him out, clean everything, clean the bath toys, it is such a hassle!  He has no idea of when he has to go.  In fact sometimes I don't even know he went until it is floating in there.  I don't know how to make him stop doing this? I don't want to make him think it is wrong to go to the bathroom, but just not in the tub! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: poop in the tub?!

• I don't really have any good advice. You could try bathing him in a large plastic container or I think they have inflatable bathtubs that fit in the tub. At least it would be less to clean and you could just stick him in the bath tub and worry about cleaning it later.
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    My friends baby girl used to poop every time she got in the tub that my friend used to hold her up on the potty right before going in the tub. Sometimes it worked and she thought it would be a great jump start to potty training. Maybe try sitting him on the potty before bath??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • ava did this to us a few weeks ago. thank god its only happened the one time. 
  • Maybe you could change bath time to after a LO has had a poopy diaper?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with putting him on the potty first. The only time DD has pooped in the tub was when I forgot to put her on the potty first. I've been putting her on the potty since 7 months and when I out her on it she knows what to do :)
  • k4slr6k4slr6 member
    DD did it when she was 3 wks old.  I now try to bathe her after she has pooped.  I can't always do it but I try.  :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"