March 2013 Moms

DH vent

It's 1130 where I live, and instead of being in bed so I can get some sleep, I'm currently listening to my drunk husband *** about the people at pool who are admittedly loud. He's so drunk that he's been in and out of the house, slamming doors and has woken our normally STTN baby repeatedly. Luckily she's just rolled a little and fallen back asleep but I'm beyond irritated at this point. I don't care if he relaxes with a couple beers but to get so wasted at home that he's stumbling, slurring and shaking me awake to tell me that those people are loud is too much. I can't even reason with him at this point, he can't comprehend when I ask him to please let me sleep and keep it down. I'm just hoping he passes out at this point so I can finally sleep.
BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: DH vent

• He's getting drunk at home by himself...?

I'd be having a SERIOUS talk with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have. The problem is we moved from his home state to my home state a year in a half ago, and now he has no one to hang out with besides me and maybe occasionally some coworkers. I don't really like to drink now, maybe one or two drinks but I don't like feeling even a little hungover so usually I don't. He doesn't have that off switch and just keeps going, even after he's reached that mellow buzzed.

It's just so frustratin because I can't make him see that when he makes this choice to drink excessively he's effecting both me and his daughter. He doesn't let me sleepI ended up on the couch after he yelled at me for not caring about him anymore and he wakes her up. Luckily she just goes back to sleep at night when she wakes up but it's still frustrating! So now I'm tired, she will probabley be tired and I'll be the one taking care of the cranky baby while he nurses his massive hangover
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask him to go to counseling. Being a parent is not something you signed up to do alone. Let alone with a man who drinks excessively and talks to you with little to no respect.

This kind of attitude would be grounds for divorce in my family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    Ask him to go to counseling. Being a parent is not something you signed up to do alone. Let alone with a man who drinks excessively and talks to you with little to no respect. This kind of attitude would be grounds for divorce in my family.

This. Wtf. He sounds like an addict. You need to decide if it's worth it to have your daughter grow up thinking that is normal behavior. I'd pack her and myself up and go stay with family for a few days. No way, no how would I put up with that shizz.  

• Wow, that is not OK. YH would do well to get some help. That's just reckless.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry he was doing this. Min DH has been drinking too, but I know it's bc of our loss. If I wear you, I would of put the hose on him or slapped him. I really do hope your dh calms down with the drinking. 
  • I'm so sorry.  That sounds like an awful night.  I agree with the other posters, drinking like that around a small child is unacceptable behavior.  Personally I would not feel safe with someone that drunk around my child, even it if it was his father.  If he is getting wasted by him self then he is not using alcohol to "unwind," he is abusing a substance.  I think you should both strongly consider seeking counseling.  make sure to find some one who is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). If you need to get away for a few days... do it.  Both you and your baby deserve better treatment.  You could also look into an Al Anon group in your area, it is a support group for friends and family of problem drinkers.  Good luck to all of you!
    We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"