October 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Shower Dresses

Was, just wondering! But, is there any reasoning why you don't want to wear a black dress to your baby shower? I've heard several girls at my maternity store say they don't want a black dress! I got the dress already and doubt I'd return it but I was intrigued!

The dress I got:

https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=971680022MasterCategory_Id=MC3
April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
imageimageimage     
imageimage

Re: Baby Shower Dresses

• Options
    I just personally want to wear bright colors to my baby shower
  • Options
    Wear what makes you feel good ::mobile smiley::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ksimo6ksimo6 member
    I think black is fine if you like it. Throw on a colorful necklace or some silver jewelry. You will look classy and beautiful.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options

While the dress is nms- while dresses just really aren't my style! lol 

Anyhow- The only reason I didn't want a black dress/outfit for the shower was because I wanted brighter colors on to show off my bump, not hide it behind black

Bison (FCS) beats Big 12 Champs Kansas St (24-21)!!!
    imageimage

• Options
    Is this a thing? No one I have ever known has worn black to their baby shower.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    ap2000ap2000 member
    I wore a black dress to my shower with DS. I felt like it was too boring by itself, though, so I added a purple cardigan and silver shoes. I agree with PP - wear what makes you feel good.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This website has cute dresses Asos.com
  • Options
    I had plans to wear a thicker braided brown belt with matching boots! I don't always wear black but I just love the dress its all beautiful lace on the top layer! I could definitely throw some color in there for accessories! I had no plans to go black, but I'm leaving my job at Motherhood in 1 week and then my 40 discount will be gone! So I just bought the dress I liked the best the last few weeks!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    The way the dress is cut longer in the back then In the front should help the belly stick out!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    It is cute. Wear whatever you want.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options
    Working at Motherhood and pushing the same ::baby shower:: dresses may have soured my view on things! I like to be different and not be in the same cookie cutter outfit every other girl in my town will be in...lol I try and suggest different options but they always go for the same few dresses!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options

I was looking at solid Navy dresses to add a belt to  but Im leaning toward this one now

https://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=15074Z19003&MasterCategory_Id=9996

image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    imagehas615:
    I was looking at solid Navy dresses to add a belt to nbsp;but Im leaning toward this one now https://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=15074Z19003amp;MasterCategory_Id=9996nbsp;nbsp;

That is cute! I could never wear something like that and pull it off though!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    imageblueeyedrose86:
    Is this a thing? No one I have ever known has worn black to their baby shower.

I dont know if it's a "thing" I haven't been to very many...lol I bought the dress the other day, and had a client today who said she didn't want black for her baby shower! Even though it was the best looking dress on her...cut wise. Then I started thinking about my choice! She wasn't the first who said no black!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I just hope I can find something that doesn't make me look like a cow. I am not having much luck in that department lately, when it comes to dresses at least. I could give a rat's backside what color it is. I just want to look like I weigh less than 500lbs. So, if that dress makes you look good... do it! For what it is worth I really like the dress and I think with a little fun jewelry it will be perfect!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Someone took pics of me in just my new tankvtop and shorts and I looked fat and bloated so NOT pregnant! I couldn't believe it! So I agree if you find a great dress, color shouldn't matter!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    The dress I am wearing for mine is black and white striped and I don't particularly care that its not colorful. I tried on a bunch and the cut of this one worked the best for me, plus I can wear it to work. I think it just all depends on what you like. I'd rather look good in a black dress than terrible in a brightly colored dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagebabysteps23:
    I wore a black dress to my baby shower with my son, also in my mat photos. nbsp;Heres the thing. nbsp;I didn't even look pregnant. It was really flattering in person but in pictures it didn't show my bump! nbsp;I'm sure it was a combo of it being black and the style. nbsp;You should take a picture and make sure it'll photograph well! lol

Good Idea! Thanks
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    I love black and choose black dresses most of time bc I feel slimmer in it. This is a time where I really don't care about my figure, so I'm going to choose something more festive color-wise. Plus, my shower is in August. It will be really hot and black isn't very summery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"