February 2014 Moms
Options

M/S please help!

Does anyone have any tips on helping with m/s? I am miserable. I'm not vomiting but I'm nauseous ALL day long. I can barely get out of bed to pee. I've tried Zofran and it does nothing for me. I can barely stomach water, but I know it's important to not get dehydrated so I sip a little at a time. Please, I'll try just about anything.
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: M/S please help!

• Options
    Keeping something in my mouth helps. Jolly Ranchers have been wonderful. Also, maybe some ginger ale. Feel better!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have heard and read that taking Vitamin B6 can help with nausea but I have not tried it yet.  I would check first with your Dr though before trying it.  My SIL who just gave birth to happy bouncing lil boy in May said it was a lifesaver for her when combined with a 1/2 pill of Unisom (only the tablets not the gel caps or other forms because they have different ingredients). I have found a few threads from other posters when googling that have also said it worked well for them so maybe something to look into?  Like I mentioned earlier though, I would make sure its ok with your Dr before trying.
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to eat protein as soon as I wake up in the morning. If I wait any amount of time, I get sick. Wake up, pee, eat protein. I've heard this from other people too, but not everybody. Worth trying if you can get something down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Odwallas protein shakes, chamomile tea and crackers have worked well with me. Have you tried preggie pops?
    October Siggy Challenge "Scared People"
    BFP#1: 10-20-12 Missed M/C: 11-30-12
    BFP#2: 5-26-13 Due Date 2-2-14 
    COUNTDOWN BEGINS
    COMING 2-2-14
    BABY K

• Options

Yeah, the Zophran is great for vomiting, but does little for actual nausea. My doc gave me a combined prescription for Benadryl, B6 and ground ginger. It works well, but it does make drowsy. Munching on a few crackers and sipping water helps me a lot when I can't afford to be drowsy. Hang in there!

Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    Sea-bands and eating immediately when I get up (without any drink) and then being still until that first meal settles has been essential for me.  Also eating small amounts throughout the day help.  I find that once I get hungry the nausea is just worse.
  • Options
    The last 10 days have been hell. Already had to have a bag of fluids! Urgent care doc confirmed its hyperemisis gravardium. I was never this sick with my first 2 so this is a huge shock. Haven't been able to get out of bed all week. I have 2 little kids to take care of! Today has been a bit better but I'm having to take Zofran AND Phenergan round the clock which scares the crap out of me b/c it's a class C drug. Dr says its worth it but its making me so nervous. Good luck I hope it passes soon for all of us.

• Options
    Thank you ladies. I am definitely going to try these things. I have a call into my dr, just waiting for a call back. This is nothing like my first pregnancy. And it's hard to take care of my 3 year old when I feel like this. I really hope it passes quickly for all of us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"