July 2012 Moms
Options

I wish I were a dad...

Dad: Slept until 11, attempted and failed to put a baby gate on the stairs, played computer games and is now napping. 

Mom: Woke up at 7 with baby, cleaned a poo-splosion, made breakfast, went grocery shopping, unpacked groceries, pre-made dinner,  fed baby lunch, washed and put away two loads of laundry, and is now working until LO is done napping.

DH is typically pretty good at helping out but he's lazy as h*ll on Sundays!  Apparently someone told him that weekends are for relaxing.  Ha!  I wish!

Anyone else dealing with a lazy H?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."

Re: I wish I were a dad...

• Options
    imagePegleg715:

I read your post and now feel horrible for my Husband haha

Mom: Slept until 10, showered, went to brunch with girl friends, went shopping alone, came home to a napping baby.

Dad: Up at 6:30 to let the dogs out, Up at 7:10 with baby, fed her, put her down for a nap, mowed the lawn, fed her again, bathed her, played with her, hung out, put her down for a nap, mowed my parents lawn, and is now off to his night job...

I guess I'm the lazy one...  

You're also cooking a child so I think that gives you some leeway.   Also, don't you work from home?  That's incredibly difficult and you deserve a day off.  I also work from home and it's a struggle everyday. 

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options

imageDHeckart:
    Well he usually works around 72 hours per week so when he's home he doesn't want to work... so yeah. All me all the time. Insert mobile smiley.

My H was on leave for two weeks and only worked 2.5 days last week...

Maybe that's adding to my frustration.  

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!  There should be a board.  I have so much to b*tch about!

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    DH and I just had a heated discussion about this.  Yesterday I had to go to my cousin's graduation party and it was an hour from our house.  We were having people over for our town's fireworks so I wanted to make the trip the the party as quick as possible.  DH refused to keep DD#2, so I had to drag the poor baby with.  I asked him to put DD#1s sheets in the dryer, put pop in the fridge and to shuck some corn while I was gone.  He didn't do any of it,  After the fireworks he decided to go the neighbors party to drink and left me to deal with two very tired kids.  I was beyond furious.  His excuse is that he's gone all week long and has no freedom (he is at the state police academy) and the weekends are his time to relax and do what he wants.  I told him the day he became a dad he lost the right to have an entire weekend of me time.  I'm still very upset with him.  Hopefully I can cool down while he's gone this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lol, it's amazing how much I get done on a weekend morning before
    DH even he's up ... And then he'll look all groggy and ask me if I could get him some coffee.

Some mornings I get really pissed at him when he gets up late. It sucks that he hasn't adapted his sleep schedule to parentlife.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    when i was mobile i thought the title of this thread was I wish I were dead

• Options
    your husband works all week and helps you but one day a week he wants to relax a little...what a jerk.
  • Options

imagerockingchairbaby:
    your husband works all week and helps you but one day a week he wants to relax a little...what a jerk.

Are you stuck in the 50's or just an asshat?

"Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL that's hilarious. I'm full time day care and full time work from home mom. I think we both deserve a break. I wish we could both sit on our *sses all weekend. 

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    imagerockingchairbaby:

You never participate around here but you want to be a jerk? GTFO.

Jack, have you told him you need a break? Maybe a mommy's day out? Is there anyone who can take LO for a bit so you can get a breather?

I'm going through a similar situation with DH. Hopefully they will both get it together!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I wake him up by letting LO crawl into bed.... If I do t get to sleep in no o e gets to sleep in!! Lol. But he would just lay there if I let him wtf? 
  • Options

imagesarahandeddiejune212008:
    DH and I just had a heated discussion about this.  Yesterday I had to go to my cousin's graduation party and it was an hour from our house.  We were having people over for our town's fireworks so I wanted to make the trip the the party as quick as possible.  DH refused to keep DD#2, so I had to drag the poor baby with.  I asked him to put DD#1s sheets in the dryer, put pop in the fridge and to shuck some corn while I was gone.  He didn't do any of it,  After the fireworks he decided to go the neighbors party to drink and left me to deal with two very tired kids.  I was beyond furious.  His excuse is that he's gone all week long and has no freedom (he is at the state police academy) and the weekends are his time to relax and do what he wants.  I told him the day he became a dad he lost the right to have an entire weekend of me time.  I'm still very upset with him.  Hopefully I can cool down while he's gone this week.

this makes me think of when LO was about two months old. My fianc? had plans (prior to his birth) to go to a car show hours away. He was going to be go e for a day and a half. I asked him to please change his plans...go to the show but don't leave me alone at night with LO, I needed help. He basically said F off and went anyways. I packed my bags and took lo to my moms when he got back...he sure did some thinking then! Needless to says things are much better and that crap has not happened again!  

• Options

imageeafogel:
    imagerockingchairbaby:
    You never participate around here but you want to be a jerk? GTFO. Jack, have you told him you need a break? Maybe a mommy's day out? Is there anyone who can take LO for a bit so you can get a breather? I'm going through a similar situation with DH. Hopefully they will both get it together!

Yes, these husband's definitely need to get it together!  I told DH that since he had a nice relaxing Sunday, I'm taking Friday and spending it at the pool with my friends.  I'm going to get some sun and drink a margarita or two.  It will be glorious!

I guess the problem is that he doesn't think twice about just taking an off day whereas I have to plan them in advance and give him notice.  Oh well, it could be worse!

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    What is with the husband this weekend. Dh went way off the deep end yesterday. We had plans on Monday to go to the lake on Sunday and spend time with the boys Sunday when I asked him if he was ready to go Sunday he flipped out and left for the day. It's like really. I hate the fact that he can just go when ever but if I ask him to keep the kids so I can go out to lunch with my sisters I have to take atleast one of the kids. No wonder this mama has been in the hospital from fainting from exhaustion. Maybe one day we will get it through their heads
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"