1st Trimester

When to tell people?

After struggling for years to get pregnant I am about 6 weeks and go to the md on Tuesday. My hubby and mom and dad are the only ones who know. My Mimi has been telling me for years the only reason she is still alive is to see me have a baby. I feel like waiting to tell others until its safe 2nd trimester but on the other hand she is really sick on dialysis and I would be devastated if something happened to her before I could tell her. What should I do?

Re: When to tell people?

• I would tell her. H's uncle was very sick when we found out and we went out of our way to make sure he knew. He died several weeks later, but it was comforting to us that he knew.
  • Instead of waiting for the 2nd trimester, you could just wait until 9 weeks. At this point, your baby will have reached the fetal stage in development. =)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's good to know I think I can hold out 3 weeks instead of 6! The problem with my Mimi is she doesn't know how to keep secrets I know this about her. I think I will wait until 910 weeks that's when you can her the heartbeat right?
  • Go ahead and tell her. You can still wait to tell everyone else though. 
  • I told my grandmother, who'd recently been released from two hospital stays and is 87 years old. I figured, anything to make her happier, right? Because she is that old, she spilled the beans to my aunt, too. So now our parents, aunt, uncle and sisters know. Honestly, I'm less stressed knowing I have people I can talk to about my crazy moods. Even if something happens to the baby, at least I know people knew how excited I was to be a new mom. 
  • I would tell her. I was lucky enough to tell my grandma on her death bed that we were pregnant. It was so wonderful to share it with her on the day she was praying for God to take her. She was mentally with it enough that her eyes lit up and asked if it was a girl or a boy and she also said she was waiting for news that we were finally pregnant again. To bring her that much joy in her last few hours is something that no one will ever take away from me. Tell her, for I would hate for you to regret it later.
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Tell her! If something does happen you might regret not doing it, plus you always want to think positive!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some people tell people as soon as they have a positive pregnancy test. I wouldn't do that. I'm my granny was very ill, I would tell her right away! Go ahead!

As for close family, they already know. I told them at 6 weeks. I will tell friends/public/social networking sites like Instagram when I am 12 weeks preggo and after U/S. First trimester doesn't even have much of a bump to show yet anyways!

My work I'm going to wait until I'm around 5 months or showing--whichever comes first. It's news to celebrate so do it when you feel confident and comfortable and ready! 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"