December 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep training has begun...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Sleep training has begun...

• Options
    We are a week into it and it gets easier every day. Naps are still harder but we're getting there. I haven't really read any books just kind of going with what feels right. If he's crying hysterically I comfort him, but if its a fuss/whine I leave him be. He's taking less than 10 minutes to fall asleep at night time, and around 15-20 for naps. Still waking once in the middle of the night for a bottle, usually between 3-5, then back to sleep until 8. I really can't complain, I think it's harder on SO than LO.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually JUST got my LO sleep trained. We do our own method of CIO (10 minutes, pick up calm down, repeat for no more than 60 minutes/or when asleep). I put DD in daycare recently, and they actually helped me a lot. They got it down for naps, and then these past two nights I have done it. They also started a sleep que by turning on a fan and having a soother (her paci) and silence. I do it at night, and not even 5 minutes go by and she is out.

This has also helped her sleep longer. She STTN, and I'll hear her wake up, cry a little and go back to sleep. 

GL with your LO! I hope it goes as well as it did in my house!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Hope the first night didn't have too many wake ups for you! We started Ferber one week ago plus took away the paci. Her longest stretch of crying was 30 minutes. It was hard to hear but we did the checks every few minutes. It has been a learning process of what wakings are ones she actually needs to eat and what are just ones she misses the paci. We quickly got down to two night wakings which were also feedings. Last night she went down with no crying, woke only once all night(and I fed her then). And she slept until 7:30 and still no cries just woke up to her baby babbling. So, it took a week but it hasn't been as bad as I thought, so its worth it. Good luck! Oh and shockingly, DD2 could care less that her paci was gone. It amazes me, it really is a good age to take it away!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JJ_13JJ_13 member
    We are about to start - using sleep lady method as well. I can't decide if I want to try for naps as well. I have a four day weekend this weekend (we're starting on Weds night) and I'm tempted to try all of it, but afraid that when she goes back to her in-home daycare on Monday that we won't have made enough progress with naps and it will have been all for nothing. We might just do nights for now and focus on naps some other time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"