November 2013 Moms
Options

What will your baby sleep in

What will your baby sleep in his or her first months home? With DD she slept right next to our bed in a pack n play with a attached bassinet that sat in top. She slept pretty good in it, no complaints.

I was going to do the same with this baby until I saw this... "The rock n play sleeper"

https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_usurl=2Fproduct2Findex.jsp3FproductId3D1816585626prodFindSrc3Drvdomain=http3A2F2Fwww.toysrus.com

... Has anyone used this before? It has great reviews and moms say its great for colicky babies.

Re: What will your baby sleep in

• Options
    Haven't personally used it but everyone I know has and they have said it is a godsend!! We will be using it as well! I love that baby is kept at a little bit of an incline in case of tummy problems!
  • Options

I was planning to use a pack n play as well, at least until baby can roll over... then probably move to the crib. But with all the options out there I keep changing my mind!! This sleeper looks like a nice option as well.

Maybe some multiple-time Moms can shed some light on what works...? The options are overwhelming!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The rnp was a life saver and we used it till he was about 7 months old. It was amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't see the link, I'm mobile. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing we are using though. My best friend recently used it with her daughter and had great success.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm a ftm but we have both a bassinet and a crib. For the first few months she'll sleep in a bassinet beside our bed and then the crib in her nursery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Moses basket with a rocker. Much cheaper than the RNP. So are the sheets. You can buy a wedge to incline the mattress. DS slept awesome in that for 8 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used the rnp for about 8 weeks. Loved it because it could be right next to the bed and it took up no space. Highly recommend. I however think the pack n play was our biggest waste of money. DS never slept in in nor played in it. I know some people swear by it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Options
    Our stroller comes with a bassinet that can be carried around and attached to a lightweight base. We plan to have him sleep in the stroller bassinet/base next to the bed at night. It's the phil and teds smart stroller with peanut carrycot. It's awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LisadiLisadi member
    imagemeredity11:
    I however think the pack n play was our biggest waste of money. DS never slept in in nor played in it. I know some people swear by it!

This about the pack 'n plays! Out of my closest mom friends only one baby out of 12 or so of us actually ever slept in the pack 'n play. I was glad that I didn't pay full price for it.
     It was only really useful when DH and I wanted to eat dinner in peace right before he started walking, without chasing him all around the dining room.
     (Shopping hint: Sometimes while browsing through Target, I'd see either returned items or items being discontinued because of fabric on the end cap. We paid about $35 for a $70 pack 'n play.)

I might try that RNP. Have to read up about options. I was thinking about a bassinet since DS is still in our crib. But, I might rethink the bassinet option though, because with DS who will be 3, there might be times that the baby is safer out of reach from DS when in a crib...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageChargersgrl33:
    The rnp was a life saver and we used it till he was about 7 months old. It was amazing!

I agree 100%   we loved it and DD slept really well in it.   I've already gotten it out of the box to make sure it's in good shape for when DS gets here!

January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Options

I LOVE my RnP... We didn't get it until DS was 5 weeks old because we "thought" he would just sleep in the PnP. By week 5 I was desperate for anything longer  than 30 minutes. First night he slept in 6 hours straight! Then moved up to 8 hour stretches. 

Just remember it has to be taken apart and cleaned regularly. Especially the fuzzy ones. Last year there were reports of mold on the plastic liner from it not being cleaned often enough. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're registering for the Rock Play and a Pack Play, so we'll probably see what we get and what LO likes best for sleeping.

• Options
    We will bedshare and she will sleep in the swing or bouncy seat (assuming she likes either).  This will go on for the first four months or so, when we will transition her to a crib.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With DD we started with the pnp but she had awful reflux and the rnp was a life saver. She slept in that until she started rolling over then we transitioned her to her crib. With this one we'll probably use the rnp from the start. However, we use our pnp for DD all the time. We travel a lot and she sleeps great in it when we're not at home. I do not regret either purchase.

• Options
    I think I'm going to do a pack n play next to the bed with a nap nanny in it. The rock and play looks awesome though. I would probably get that if I didn't already have this other stuff.
  • Options
    I'm still debating if I want to put the PnP or the crib beside our bed for the first few months...we have tons of room in our bedroom for either one, so I don't know if starting out in the crib to begin with will avoid having to transition later on...
  • Options

imageMum2Be28:
    I think I'm going to do a pack n play next to the bed with a nap nanny in it. The rock and play looks awesome though. I would probably get that if I didn't already have this other stuff.

Nap Nannies are dangerous and shouldn't be used. They've been recalled multiple times including one that just happened this year due to infant injuries (92 babies) and suffocation/death (5 babies).

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/nap-nanny-recall_n_3444293.html

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"