October 2013 Moms
Options

Officially broke down

So I guess everything finally hit me. Finances, baby stuff, our tiny condo, child care, caring for a new born. I completely broke down for a few hours. It all seems so overwhelming, but I have waited 12 years for this miracle.
Ty for reading just had a very emotional day!

Re: Officially broke down

• Options
    Aww, Feel better. There is still some time to figure things out. And in the mean time just take some deep breaths.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I had a break down a week ago while hubby was out of town. It was no fun but I'm okay now. I hope you are too. Everything will work out, things have a way of doing that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. It's all so much to take in. But I guess we all need days of emotional craziness!
  • Options
    : I just did too! Now that I've let it out and caught my breath, I'm starting to feel better! I hope you are too!
  • Options
    It's normal to feel like that, don't think you are the only one. Having a kid is a huge life change. 
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ty all so much. It's nice to know you are all out there going through the same things and we are all here for each other.
  • Options
    I had one today as well!!! Feeling much better now though! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We all of days like you are experiencing. For me that was last week!! What helped, for what it's worth, was to make a list of things I'm notorious for lists, so the list in and of itself was comforting for me that needed to be considered/decided upon/ completed and made a mental note that I would generally only accomplish one thing a day.

Once I put things into that perspective, it didn't seem overly onerous, but of course anything related to finances is always a little tricky. We operate on a budget, so if you don't have one of those, that would be a helpful place to start. You can create a baseline and the add items related to the baby, childcare, etc and see what the impact is on your overall financial picture.

Good luck and keep your head up!! Hopefully you're feeling your LO move around and remembering that all the worry and stress will be completely worth it once you are holding the LO in your arms!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemissgpsu:
    Oh and I think of my great grandparent's generation.  they raised my grandmother and her five siblings in a one bedroom NY city apartment.  Kids just need love and the basics.  Cheer up and tomorrow is a new day!

Amen to that! It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the crap that parents "need" to have/do for their kids. It gets worse the older they get, but just keep reminding yourself that kids didn't have all this crap until very recently. Kids grew up to be scientists, politicians, teachers, explorers, etc. with none of this stuff, for centuries! Our job is to love them, encourage them, and guide them. Everything else is just fluff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"