August 2011 Moms
Options

It's dead, and I know y'all wanna hear it!! ;)

We had our AS today.  

The scan took over an hour.  Hank's birth defect is pretty crazy, so they checked all the associated body systems -- V: vertebral; A: anal; C: cardiac; T: tracheoesophageal fistula; E: esophageal atresia; R: renal; L: limb.

So, they spent about 20 minutes on each getting sagittal and transverse shots of all of these body systems and her brain.  They looked at her hard and soft palates, her lips, the lenses of her eyes, I mean, it felt like they looked at EVERYTHING!!  Then, they turned the wand on me and checked my ovaries and kidneys (I don't know why).  

Before the tech even turned her machine on, I was in tears.  She was very comforting.  They were definitely tears of fear.  If there was something going on in there, I didn't want to know...  I wanted to live in ignorance. 

Turns out that everything's as good as can be expected.  They want to see us again at 32 weeks for another extensive AS.  Turns out that the soft tissues need time to fill out from amniotic fluid pressure and if there's a discrepancy, 32 weeks is the best time to catch it.  Also, most growth happens in the third trimester so, if there's going to be any limb anomalies, they'll be in a better position to catch that at 32 weeks as well.  

And, she is still a she.

Have a great weekend, ladies!!  

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: It's dead, and I know y'all wanna hear it!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"