October 2013 Moms
Options

Newborn Photos

Anyone planning on getting newborn photos taken after baby is born? Have you picked out what LO will wear yet (if anything)?  I am looking on Etsy at some of the knit hats, diaper covers, cheesecloth swaddles and newborn bow ties.  It's all so darn cute!  

Re: Newborn Photos

• Options
    Yes! And I already booked my photographer. She has literally hundreds of props so unless I want something very specific I'm going to use what she has.
  • Options
    Oh and by props I mean cute crocheted hats and diaper covers. I think they're sweet naked in newborn photos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would love to do this! I'm thinking about going out and buying the tie that DH wore at our wedding and using that in some cute naked shots!

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• Options

I am the photographer... so I will have approximately 1238729387502938401234 newborn photos. I've definitely been stockpiling my pinterest boards with ideas for props to acquire between now and October.

I'd love to crochet a few things like hats and diaper covers and I sew too so I may need to use some self restraint given I don't need to limit myself as much. 

• Options
    We've already booked our wedding photographers for baby pictures. We're doing a newborn, three, six, nine and 12 month package. They have a lot of props too, but ill probably bring one or two outfits each time for her. Three months will be around Christmas so that could be really fun and cute!!
  • Options

imagejennieliz:
    Yes! And I already booked my photographer. She has literally hundreds of props so unless I want something very specific I'm going to use what she has.

That's a good point.  I just sent an email to the photographer I like today.  Didn't even stop to think they might already have props.  I will be sure to ask! 

• Options

We're doing them! We''re also doing a family shoot in 2 weeks--it'll be my DD's 3 year old shoot/maternity/family pictures.

When this LO gets here we're having the same photographer over to do newborn photos. DH is a cop so I know I want this little boy either IN DH's police hat or propped up on it somehow.

I also want to get something pumpkin like, since he'll be born so close to Halloween. 

• Options
    ksimo6ksimo6 member
    My cousin is a photographer so we will have her do them. I will likely go the diaper cover etsy route and naked. Or wrapped in a blanket. I love to see the baby chub!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options

We are doing newborn photography. My husband was totally against it, but I told him tough luck we are doing it. lol I know he will be happy we did it down the road since this is our first child, the first grandchild on both sides, and also for the fact they grow up so quickly.

I plan to get a Disney one either a Minnie or Mickey based on whatever we have. My whole family is Disney fanatics. I also want get a pumpkin hat since we are having an October baby. My photographer did mention she had tons of hats and props set to go. 

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/346q8v4.jpg[/IMG]

~Melissa~       

• Options

I have a really good camera that I have no idea how to use SO i'm gonna ask a photog friend to take a few shots for me. And little guy will be wearing this

• Options
    imagetmccord21:
    I have a really good camera that I have no idea how to use SO i'm gonna ask a photog friend to take a few shots for me. And little guy will be wearing thisimage

This is adorable!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've already booked our newborn photo session with the photographer that will be doing our maternity session in September! We are so excited because we have found so many cute little props and outfits. Little tutus, crocheted diaper cover and headband, etc. So excited!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes. Will definitely use professional photographer but spent waaaay too much on last one. Need to find someone a little cheaper this go round. The only way I made myself feel better about it was fact that she took family pics and pics of big sister too.
    We love the sweet props and naked pics...
  • Options
    We already booked out photographer and she has a bunch of props, especially cheese cloths, bows, and all that jazz. I have never heard of a NB photographer who didn't have props...

• Options
    I wanted to do photos, but MIL has already bought a bunch of props, and DH just bought a new camera, so we might try to do our own first to save some $$. but if they don't come out that good, I definitely want to get them done!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We already booked our newborn photos.  Any good newborn photographer has their own props and are prepared to deal with poop, pee, and spit up....it is normal.  My DD peed on the photographer during hers and it was a quick wipe up and blanket change...nbd.

Be careful about waiting to book a photographer, most want to do them within the first two weeks because that is when babies are easiest to work with.  I know several photographers that won't take clients over 2 weeks old unless they were preemies or NICU babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"