Parenting after a Loss
Options

NPALR: Pre-labor and RCS?

So, I think I *may* be in pre or very early labor.  I've been contracting consistently for 3 days now.. the timing varies.. anywhere from 8-12 minutes depending on my activity, or spaced out to like 20-30 minutes if I'm laying down.  But, the intensity of the contractions are definitely increasing.. they are definite contractions, not BH.  (I had an OB appointment on Thursday and she picked up 8 contractions in 50 minutes on my NST).  With the contractions, I'm having tons of strong cramping and low back ache..

I am scheduled for an RCS because my deliveries will be ~12 months apart. I know she said they want to avoid my ute from contracting, and possibly tearing my incision.. 

My question is.. at what point do I contact my OB?  My contractions are intense, but not close together as long as I stay off my feet.. I've had a little bit of spotting today, but not enough to think it was my MP.. When I saw my OB Thursday and she saw all the contractions I had just said to her my "motto" so far was that as long as I was able to go to sleep at night and sleep through them, I was holding out going to OB triage.  She said sounds like a good plan...

I don't know.. I'm just so unsure!! With DS I was induced, so I didn't "labor" at home.  I was having BH with him (not nearly as strong as the contractions I've been feeling this time though!!) and I was having some mild cramping (again not nearly as strong as what I"m having) and when I was admitted I was 3-4cm and 80% effaced..

My next OB appointment is Wednesday.. and, I'm supposed to be going to work tomorrow (I drive ~2hours each way!!)... what would you do?  Those who had an RCS, what point did you go to the hospital?

* Sorry -- I haven't posted at all on pgAL this time since I have my rainbow baby.. so, whenever I have pg related updates, I tend to post to you guys :)  Hope no one minds! * 

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!

Re: NPALR: Pre-labor and RCS?

• Options

imageesd:
    I would call your dr in the morning and at least check in with her. Let her know what's going on; she may restrict your activity. I would say especially because your deliveries are so close I'd be more cautious so you don't go I to active labor. 

i actually called the on call doc to see what she thought.. She originally wanted me to come to L&D to be checked, but I asked if I could just come in tomorrow morning and she's ok with that.. We shall see! 

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options

With Jackson I never felt contractions but I lost my MP and 2 days later my water broke. I had him at 35w6d. I would not recommend going to work tomorrow and getting checked out to see if you are in labor or not. I wish I had Contraction answers for you but I can answer MP questions. I am pretty sure your OB would rather have you come in to get checked out and rather than you going into labor to or from work. I would be as cautious just to ensure nothing happens with your incision or you dialting quickly. 

PS for your MP with out being overly graphic just imagine a big blob Mine was about the size of a medium gum ball. It was tough and looked like a thicker mucus then what you have when you are sick  

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My twins were my third C-section. Granted, they were delivered 5.5 years after my second daughter, but my OB was very firm about calling for any contractions at all. They were already concerned that my uterus would be very thin in the lower segment, and I had significant scar tissue. I had PPROM, but would likely have been delivered early anyway, as my contractions were starting to increase in frequency and intensity. My OB and MFM were in agreement that they would rather deliver a few weeks early, vs. risking a uterine rupture. Hope that all goes well at your appointment today, and that LO can keeping cooking for just a little while longer!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"