Baby Showers
Options

Shower dessert

This is a question for my shower but I am not hosting! My SIL is. But we can't decide on a dessert. We wanted to do sugar cookies but the place she found that could do them to match our theme is 15 a dozen. Holy crap! And I hate cake..

So what dessert are you having or did have at your shower?

Re: Shower dessert

• Options

I can't get past "I hate cake" LOL! 

you crazy! 

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If I came to a baby shower and there wasn't cake I would probably leave. LOL, the cake is the best part!!! I would do cake and cookies in your case (that way you and the guests are hopefully happy). Maybe just some store bought cookies. $15 for 12 is not an option.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you make your own sugar cookies?

What about bars or pies?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mm I love cake, that is what I am looking forward to the most. Does anyone in your family bake? Store bought may not be bad either if your set on cookies. Maybe even browse through the section and see what's out there. I've got ideas, but things like strawberry shortcake probably won't be practical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    imagechattychiqa:
    What about strawberry shortcake? Refreshing... Summer appropriate... Affordable. You can skip the cake part and just eat berries and whipped cream! ETA, tartlets. They can get small shells in the freezer section, bake them, fill them with lemon curd and top with berries and a mint sprig. Also affordable and baby shower appropriate.

Those sound delicious

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options

Do you have a Sams or a Costco? You could do cupcakes, or mini cheesecakes. They also sell miniture pie crusts that you could fill with just a cream cheese mix and then add whatever fruit you want on top! Or fruit pizza. Or brownies. I obviously love desserts and love baking, haha.

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I am loving the fruit pizza suggestion!!!! And strawberry shortcake!!!! Mmm.
  • Options
    May sound ridiculous, but if you go with store bought get the kind that the bakery makes at Walmart. Even out of homemade cookies, these are my favorite cookies. We always get the sugar, chocolate chip, and rainbow chip. SO good! Just put them on a cute tray, no one will have to know. ;
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I have been craving ice cream so my MIL set up an ice cream bar - complete with all the possible fixing you could ever want (reeses, sprinkles, fudge, caramel, etc). It turned out to be a huge hit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"