November 2013 Moms

Fever Worries

This morning I ran a few errands and came home completely exhausted.  I have been sleeping or laying around ever since.  Now, I have a sore throat, feel achy... and running a slight temp.  I took some Tylenol, and am drinking plenty of water.   My question if my temp gets any higher should I call my doctor?  At what point do I worry about having a fever? And, what should I do?

This may seem like a silly question, but I am a FTM! And, I'm worried about the baby becoming too warm.  

Re: Fever Worries

• aa1293aa1293 member
    I had a fever for 3 days straight back around 13 weeks. I called the on call doctor and all they said I could do was take tylenol as directed and drink plenty of fluids. unfortunately not much else you can do when pregnant.
  • imageaa1293:
    I had a fever for 3 days straight back around 13 weeks. I called the on call doctor and all they said I could do was take tylenol as directed and drink plenty of fluids. unfortunately not much else you can do when pregnant.

This sounds reasonable. I would still call my doc just to be sure. Feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I just read in some baby book that 101 was the threshold for worry with pregnancy. Normally it's closer to 105. I'd give the office a call just in case now though and ask.
    Hope you're feeling better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"