Blended Families
Options

Back from our vacation

We just got back from our vacation and had an amazing time in the Carribbean. SS was very well behaved the entire time and kept saying he had the best vacation ever. The only minor issue was that after two days of being away BM had her other two kids send SS a video saying how much they missed him. It would've been fine if it was a happy video of them saying they hoped he was having fun, etc. Instead you could tell she had told them what to say and they were sad in the video saying that they wanted SS to come home and were just waiting for him to get back. She wanted SS to feel bad for leaving them, and of course being a sensitive kid, he did. He was only sad for a few moments and then DH had him tape a video to send back. He said he was having a great time and that he loved them. It made him feel better. When we dropped off SS at BM's house, he was super excited to tell her about the trip and she told him, in front of us, that he is not allowed to talk about it at all since his siblings didn't get to go. The same thing happened when he went to DIsney world. Anyway, I'm grateful he got to go with us and he has some wonderful memories that he will never forget.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Re: Back from our vacation

• Options
    She sounds like a ray on sunshine huh? At least your SS knows he can safely be himself with you guys and talk about what he wants to. He'll remember that as he grows up.
  • Options

imageMrsHetzel:
    She sounds like a ray on sunshine huh? At least your SS knows he can safely be himself with you guys and talk about what he wants to. He'll remember that as he grows up.

This for sure and wow.. she does sound great! Putting the kids in the middle like that is so low and even lower that he couldn't tell about how much fun he had. That's just sad! I'm glad you got to take him though and had a great time (=

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. She knew she couldn't stop us from taking him so instead she made him feel guilty for leaving. He was fine the entire week without them except for when he saw the video. He cried, which is exactly what she wanted. I think DH handled it very well. She will just have to get over the fact that he will have some great experiences with us as well and she can't take that away from him. She tries to make him feel guilty for loving his dad and being a part of our family. You would think after 10 years she would get over it, but apparently not.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"