Trying to Get Pregnant

waiting to test and FRUSTRATED

Hi All,

After writing, I realize this is mostly a rant post, which I seem to do many of. Sorry.

Here's the deal: my periods have been 28 days apart exactly for the better part of two years (wasn't charting the whole time, but have been tracking the first day since getting married. There were months with flux, but few.) I have been charting for one month. Last month my cycle was 30 days.

Today is day 30 for this cycle. However, I have been dealing with a LOT of stress this month (in three weeks I lost my grant/job, my dad was put in the hospital, I found out my neighbors were stealing from me, and I got a cold sore in my eye). Fertility Friend says I ovulated CD 22, but I believe it was CD 17 (timing for taking temp was off, I think gave "off" estimate. Also, only had EW CM on one day, but didn't put it on the chart because my IPad was dead and forgot later/wasn't sure which day by the time I remembered. But was several days before CD 22).

Either way, I will not test until next week, but I am SO ANXIOUS. Every time I slow down, I begin thinking about it. I know many ladies on here have gone through this many times, and I now I can totally relate! 14 days is so much longer when your waiting for something.

GAH! I think I need to find something to do for the next few days. Summer is always hard because my work day gets cut down to 5 hour days (I know, poor me). And not just any 5 hours, but 5 excruciatingly long hours of nothingness until July 10, when summer school starts. For instance, on Tuesday, I read an entire novel at work on the kindle cloud, just cause I could. Tomorrow I plan to dust the office. Seriously. While it sounds nice, its a lot of boring down time, and a lot of time to focus on the HPT I am waiting to take!

What do you do to keep from going crazy? I always have my garden, and I am babysitting twice, and the 4th should be fun, but I need something I can do to keep my mind off the whole conception thing. 

Re: waiting to test and FRUSTRATED

• There's a "How do I keep from going crazy?" post not far below this one. Look there. Best of luck to you!
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • This is a perfect post for the "rants" section on the 2 WW posted every day. 

You already said some hobbies and activities you have, if that's not enough pick up a new hobby.  Go to the gym, learn how to crochet, do yoga, idk. What have you done your whole life whenever you're bored? The 2 WW sucks for all of us, you're not alone.

• Loading the player...
  • I don't do anything special during my 2WW because life just carries on, I'm busy with work and my family and my hobbies and that doesn't change just because I'm waiting to test. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imagegscoville:
    I don't do anything special during my 2WW because life just carries on, I'm busy with work and my family and my hobbies and that doesn't change just because I'm waiting to test. 

Couldn't have said it any better myself. 

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagegscoville:
    I don't do anything special during my 2WW because life just carries on, I'm busy with work and my family and my hobbies and that doesn't change just because I'm waiting to test. 

Yes 

• Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, between your dad being sick, your job and everything else. What have been good coping mechanisms for you in the past? 
    Personally, I find that working out, reading, and spending time with friends are good ways to keep my mind off of TTC. Good luck with everything you've got going on, I hope July is a less stressful month for you.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • The best possible advice I can give....enjoy everything you CAN'T do once a kid is here.  Even if it's something as simple as sitting on the couch with nothing to do....a quiet peaceful house, a tidy house because there are no baby toys and items all over....sleeping in, going out to dinner, eating a bowl of cereal for dinner if you want just because you don't HAVE to cook a well balance meal right now.

We all want babies, and it's hard waiting, but you might as well focus on enjoying the things that your days are numbered for.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imageangelsnight:

The best possible advice I can give....enjoy everything you CAN'T do once a kid is here.  Even if it's something as simple as sitting on the couch with nothing to do....a quiet peaceful house, a tidy house because there are no baby toys and items all over....sleeping in, going out to dinner, eating a bowl of cereal for dinner if you want just because you don't HAVE to cook a well balance meal right now.

We all want babies, and it's hard waiting, but you might as well focus on enjoying the things that your days are numbered for.

This is grat advice. Every time I feel kind of bummed about not being pregnant yet, or if I feel anxious during the 2WW, I try to focus on this kind of stuff. 

Eta: spelling 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"