August 2012 Moms
Options

Restaurants

I can tell if the servers have experience being around kids or not...

Please don't put drinks right in front of LO.

Especially please don't put boiling-hot queso dip right in front of a baby. 

If our food is taking a while and I ask for crackers, it's to shut the screaming kid up. Yes, I'm a bad mom and didn't plan ahead. Please get me crackers sooner rather than later, everyone in the restaurant will be happier. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Restaurants

• Options
    I also love it when they are ready to give the lo crayons. Please do not, he will eat them, and then get upset when take them away.

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Whewee! I'm glad you caught the queso dip before LO decided to dive in to it! DD is so stinkin' fast that something like that could end badly.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a server set a hot plate down right in front of DH as he was holding DS. DH wasn't quick enough to push the plate out of the way before DS got to it. Poor baby. Stupid server.
  • Options
    My SO is a server. He said that it's common sense to either hand the food to the parents, or let the parent tell you where to place it.

Too bad not everyone has common sense.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so afraid of a bad server and hot food or coffee falling on the twins. We've only gone out twice its just hard.
  • Options

imageScout2005:
    Meh. It's my job to watch the kid and have snacks and entertainment at the ready. Yes it would be nice if servers foresaw the perils, but again. My problem and not theirs.

It may be my job to watch the kid, but the server will get a much better tip if they are considerate and pay attention to what they are doing. It's part of customer service.

When it takes 15 minutes to get crackers, the server isn't doing their job. Just like when it takes 15 minutes to get a drink refill.  When I worked at a casual dining chain, if the food took more than 15 minutes to arrive after ordering, the manager was suppose to come apologize to the customer.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When LO was mayyybbbeeeee 6 weeks old. I went out with him and a friend to eat. The child was still in his carseat carrier for crying out loud! And the hostess asked if he needed silverware. REALLY?! He can't even hold his head up!! Lol
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    imageabbyful:

imageScout2005:
    Meh. It's my job to watch the kid and have snacks and entertainment at the ready. Yes it would be nice if servers foresaw the perils, but again. My problem and not theirs.

It may be my job to watch the kid, but the server will get a much better tip if they are considerate and pay attention to what they are doing. It's part of customer service.

ITA abbyful.

I get what you're saying, Scout, but it's more about common sense than anything else. I would never place a screaming hot plate or drink within reach of baby or small child. That's just as bad as giving a little kid a sharp knife. Danger is danger and unless it's the servers first day on the job and their first day being around a child, I don't understand how they wouldn't see that.

• Options
    Even if you don't have experience being around kids, i think its common sense not to do that!  This waitress put a sizzling hot skillet in front of Liam.  REALLY?! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"